Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
What is that material above the muffler?

And have they ever released a picture of the finalized engine bay yet?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Nice shots, looks like some pretty beefy bits. And definitely lots of room to down size on the wheels.

The material above the muffler is a heat shield.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Pics here for ease of viewing :)

EDIT: 4 more!

EDIT 2: An Engine Bay Pic!

·
Registered
139 Posts
It all looks nice. Interesting how they took pics of what appear to be the actual parts not installed but decided to show the cutaway demo of the turbo. Although 23lbs of body would be very impressive from what's in the photo. :p

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Nice shots, looks like some pretty beefy bits. And definitely lots of room to down size on the wheels.

The material above the muffler is a heat shield.
I dont have notes in front of me, the front disks are 350mm and the rears are 336mm correct? so the fronts will offer about a 1/2" less room.
by looking at the pics of the rear wheel it certainly looks like something smaller can stuff on there if you downsize the ginormous caliper.
for a rear assembly that thing looks beefy

·
Registered
132 Posts
I like the 2 tone turbo housing. Most of the pre production engine bay photos I have seen were really bland. This leads me to believe the production version is going to have some style to it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope the car isnt too quite, looks like a lot of muffler for such a tiny engine. Everything else looks great though, a lot of work went into putting all those pieces together, should be an awesome package.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Too bad you won't be able to see the turbo, even if they do coat the hot side with something. Too much plastic everywhere.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I dont have notes in front of me, the front disks are 350mm and the rears are 336mm correct? so the fronts will offer about a 1/2" less room.
by looking at the pics of the rear wheel it certainly looks like something smaller can stuff on there if you downsize the ginormous caliper.
for a rear assembly that thing looks beefy
The rears are far smaller than that.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Is that the butterfly valve right next to the tips? If so, I wish they would have put it further back.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Is that the butterfly valve right next to the tips? If so, I wish they would have put it further back.
Yeah would be rediculous to see it moving from behind

I hope the car isnt too quite, looks like a lot of muffler for such a tiny engine. Everything else looks great though, a lot of work went into putting all those pieces together, should be an awesome package.
The car should be plenty loud at WOT with the adjustable exhaust valving. I'm hoping that the aftermarket car do something cool with it like have one tip that is straight through and the other go through a muffler. Also maybe the percentage of throttle that it opens can be adjusted.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
That is just for the cutaway model, Ford also does this with their engine cutaways.
This. These are obviously going to be displayed at Ford Performance booths like all the GT350 parts they currently have display everywhere FP goes.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The peak HP/TQ numbers that have been posted are likely with the exhaust as open as possible. It will be interesting to see dyno numbers with it closed vs open.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
About this Discussion
127 Replies
42 Participants
focus pilot
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing