Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I wanted to get your opinion on the article below from cars.com. How will it apply to the FoRS?

Ford will offer steep discounts on most of its cars beginning Tuesday, according to Bloomberg News (1). Citing a dealer planning guide, Bloomberg reports Ford will launch a Friends and Neighbors program that runs from Nov. 3 through Jan. 4 on new 2014, 2015 and 2016 models except the F-150 Raptor pickup truck, certain high-end Mustang sports cars and a few commercial-grade F-Series Super Duty and E-Series vans.

Related: How to Use New-Car Incentives, Rebates and Finance Deals (2)

Those deals could amount to "as much as $2,000" off on top of existing incentives, Bloomberg reports. As of today, the highest cash rebates for 2016 models amount to $1,500 off certain Ford F-Series Super Duty pickups, according to Automotive News. For 2015 models, the rebates top out at $3,000 for some Taurus sedans. Rebates change from month to month, so that doesn't necessarily mean those cars will have even steeper discounts on Tuesday. Shoppers should check with their dealers for full details.

Sales for Ford and its Lincoln luxury division are up 4.7 percent through September 2015, according to Automotive News. That's short of the overall market (up 5 percent) as the automaker's best-selling F-Series pickup has gained just 1.3 percent. Ford has rolled out a redesigned F-150, which accounts for about two-thirds of all F-Series sales, but it encountered some production constraints (3) early on.

One dealership posted details (4) that confirmed the specifics from Bloomberg, but Ford wouldn't comment on the promotion.

"We will continue to be competitive yet disciplined on incentives and offers for our customers, but we are not announcing details of our next sales promotion at this time," said Erich Merkle, a sales analyst at the automaker.

Bloomberg reports Ford will have even deeper discounts on Black Friday (Nov. 27) and toward the end of the year.

It wouldn't be the first time an automaker has offered employee pricing. GM, Ford and Chrysler offered occasional employee pricing sales in the 2000s, and we've seen periodic employee-pricing deals for certain shoppers (5) since then.

Stay tuned for more details.
Another similar article taken form Bloomberg.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
I got a $750 Owner Advantage Rewards card in the mail from Ford recently. On the back is says:

*2014/2015/2016 vehicles: $500 on Fiesta and Focus. $750 on most Ford or Lincoln vehicles. Not available on Raptor, Focus RS, Mustang Shelby GT350,*Mustang Shelby* GT500,*Mustang Boss*302 and Mustang50 Years Limited Edition. ..... A/Zor dealer/D Plan ineligible.

I would assume ( yes, I know the joke) that the same cars I listed above are also ineligible for Ford's End of Year Incentive\Deal

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear that.
Hopefully they'll leave us some sort of incentive to make up for the ridiculous ADM circus.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Incentives like that come from Ford. ADM = Additional Dealer Markup.

ADM sucks, yes. And I'm sure Ford reps will talk to dealerships who get enough negative reviews, but whatever the dealer decides to charge is simply a result of supply and demand.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Won't apply as you can't take delivery during that window.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Incentives like that come from Ford. ADM = Additional Dealer Markup.

ADM sucks, yes. And I'm sure Ford reps will talk to dealerships who get enough negative reviews, but whatever the dealer decides to charge is simply a result of supply and demand.
Unfortunately dealers will continue to tack on an ADM as long as there are people foolish enough to pay them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So what is the deal on focus st and fiesta dt starting today? $3500 off focus and $750 off fiesta?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,474 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Anyone get a Friends and Neighbors notice from your dealer today?

Article doesn't say that the FoRS is excluded but if I could bet a dollar I'd say it is.

Ford to Offer Deeper Year-End Discounts in Market-Share Push - Bloomberg Business
At the Ford site, the discount doesn't apply on the summary, but other cars like the Mustang GT get the discount applied to the summary. I wonder if the Focus RS will have any discounts available? (no discounts applicable crap)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have given my friend and neighbor pin number that I was given in my dealership said it's likely that I will not be using it as it will not qualify for the RS focus buddy took my pin number just the same

·
Registered
9 Posts
Military Rebate

Has anyone asked your dealer if Ford was honoring the Military Rebate on the RS?
I did not see any restrictions on the Ford website.
$500 for Active, Retired, and Veterans within 180 days of service. Good till Jan 2017.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
They won't know until the cars show up on the locator and they can run a "smart Vincent"

·
Registered
103 Posts
I asked, dealer said it's dependent on the model and that they don't know yet. Haven't asked in a while though. Personally, I doubt they are going to offer it on their limited model cars.

On another note, seems quite a few nukes are interested in this car, or at least on these boards.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I asked, dealer said it's dependent on the model and that they don't know yet. Haven't asked in a while though. Personally, I doubt they are going to offer it on their limited model cars.

On another note, seems quite a few nukes are interested in this car, or at least on these boards.
Not sure if I count as a nuke anymore since I am retired. :) You on a T hull out of Bangor?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same here, but I was a carrier guy. I AM still a nuke, since I work at a commercial nuke power plant now. Nice username, BTW.
I did Commercial Nuke for about 10 years. Now I am doing something a little different, much less stressful.
Thanks, most people think I work in a pharmacy. :)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts