Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 533 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if anyone else noticed this buy according to the German Ford website the RS is supposed to get

City: 10 L/100km

Hwy: 6.3 L/100km

Combined: 7.7 L/100km

After doing the conversion to MPG it comes out to

City: 23.52 MPG

Hwy: 37.34 MPG

Combined: 30.55 MPG

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How are they mixed up? They call it "In Town" and "City" I assume In Town is hwy?

·
Registered
561 Posts
6.3 liters per 100 kms in the city... 10 on the highway means it gets better economy in the city than on the highway?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ah gotcha. I calculated it wrong then lol. Let me fix that. Thanks!

Edit. The numbers are even better now!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya that is what I was thinking. My Evo X has 59 less hp and is only rated for 17 city and 23 hwy... That will be amazing if they can pull off those numbers!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I saw those numbers when originally posted. I still dont think mpg calculations are done "real world" accurately.
but If I get 35mpg on the highway with the possibility of better, i'll be extremely happy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is what I am saying. Anything is better than 23 mpg I am getting now lol

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Welcome to.2.days ago ;)

Not sure if anyone else noticed this buy according to the German Ford website the RS is supposed to get

City: 10 L/100km

Hwy: 6.3 L/100km

Combined: 7.7 L/100km

After doing the conversion to MPG it comes out to

City: 23.52 MPG

Hwy: 37.34 MPG

Combined: 30.55 MPG

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Didn't see a post regarding the fuel econ. Was this in a thread?

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you want to get a good idea of where Focus RS USA fuel economy will fall, compare the Euro Focus ST and Euro Focus RS fuel economy numbers (percentage change from ST to RS for city, highway, and combined). Then make the same percentage change conversation with the USA EPA fuel economy numbers for the Focus ST. Maybe someone wants to do that and post? I may try later this weekend.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
This is a great idea. I tried to do this last night but I'm on my phone and there's only so many things you can do on your phone screen

If you want to get a good idea of where Focus RS USA fuel economy will fall, compare the Euro Focus ST and Euro Focus RS fuel economy numbers (percentage change from ST to RS for city, highway, and combined). Then make the same percentage change conversation with the USA EPA fuel economy numbers for the Focus ST. Maybe someone wants to do that and post? I may try later this weekend.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is a great idea. I tried to do this last night but I'm on my phone and there's only so many things you can do on your phone screen
Will you post in the official information thread when you do the conversion? I'm curious to see. I'd do the conversion myself but I suck at math so I'd probably screw it up lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I did post how I did the conversion, look on the 3rd page (I think)

Will you post in the official information thread when you do the conversion? I'm curious to see. I'd do the conversion myself but I suck at math so I'd probably screw it up lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Below in bold are the fuel economy numbers I came up with for the Focus RS by comparing the UK Focus ST to UK Focus RS fuel economy percentage change and then taking the USA Focus ST fuel economy numbers multiplied by that same percentage of change. These are rough estimates as the USA Focus ST does NOT have stop/start like the UK Focus ST and this isn't an exact science due to differences in how each country calculates fuel economy. Also, remember that UK mpg numbers are different than US mpg number due to our gallon being smaller and the different testing setup. That is why I used percentage change:

UK Focus RS:
-Urban: 28.3 (11.8% worse than UK Focus ST)
-Extra Urban: 44.8 (9.7% worse " " " ")
-Combined: 36.7 (11.6% worse " " " " )

UK Focus ST (with stop/start):
-Urban: 32.1
-Extra Urban: 49.6
-Combined: 41.5

USA 2015 Focus ST (without stop/start) EPA numbers (no 2016 info but the car is the same 2015 to 2016):
-City: 23 mpg
-Highway: 32 mpg
-Combined: 26 mpg

USA Focus RS -Estimated EPA Numbers:
-City: 20 mpg (may jump up 1 mpg or so due to stop/start?)
-Highway: 29 mpg
-Combined 23 mpg

Comparable Cars to Focus RS:

2016 VW Golf R (6-speed manual) -EPA Numbers
-City: 22 mpg
-Highway: 31 mpg
-Combined: 25 mpg

2016 Subaru WRX STI -EPA Numbers
-City: 17 mpg
-Highway: 23 mpg
-Combined: 19 mpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Below in bold are the fuel economy numbers I came up with for the Focus RS by comparing the UK Focus ST to UK Focus RS fuel economy percentage change and then taking the USA Focus ST fuel economy numbers multiplied by that same percentage of change. These are rough estimates as the USA Focus ST does NOT have stop/start like the UK Focus ST and this isn't an exact science due to differences in how each country calculates fuel economy. Also, remember that UK mpg numbers are different than US mpg number due to our gallon being smaller and the different testing setup. That is why I used percentage change:

UK Focus RS:
-Urban: 28.3 (11.8% worse than UK Focus ST)
-Extra Urban: 44.8 (9.7% worse " " " ")
-Combined: 36.7 (11.6% worse " " " " )

UK Focus ST (with stop/start):
-Urban: 32.1
-Extra Urban: 49.6
-Combined: 41.5

USA 2015 Focus ST (without stop/start) EPA numbers (no 2016 info but the car is the same 2015 to 2016):
-City: 23 mpg
-Highway: 32 mpg
-Combined: 26 mpg

USA Focus RS -Estimated EPA Numbers:
-City: 20 mpg (may jump up 1 mpg or so due to stop/start?)
-Highway: 29 mpg
-Combined 23 mpg

Comparable Cars to Focus RS:

2016 VW Golf R (6-speed manual) -EPA Numbers
-City: 22 mpg
-Highway: 31 mpg
-Combined: 25 mpg

2016 Subaru WRX STI -EPA Numbers
-City: 17 mpg
-Highway: 23 mpg
-Combined: 19 mpg
Seems plausible.

1 - 20 of 533 Posts
About this Discussion
532 Replies
239 Participants
carver
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing