Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
348 Posts
@Si2RS , I think you must drive with your seat reclined more than mine. I'm also 6'2", have the seat fully lowered (as much as a stock seat, anyways) and my helmet rubs a little on the ceiling panel. I'm glad we had options for the sunroof then, so we could get what we prefer! I wonder why Canada didn't get that option.

·
Registered
Sept/2016
343 Posts
Off topic sunroof moment...
Love mine, always open. That extra sunlight coming in makes a huge difference inside too. Makes the space feel larger. Even when its closed I never block it with the slider. Only worry is it shatters out of nowhere, or the track stops working. I don't mind the extra weight. Kinda like the heated seats or wheel, nice to haves.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A solid crank pulley is generally bad for a production engine. I really recommend sticking with a damper.
Regardless of the internal component balancing factor, it will still generate enough force to significantly reduce the engine's reliability.
Total 1 gram off from the rotating assembly can turn into engine vibration frequency generating over 10 kg of force that engine is going to take just at mid-range.
2 lbs of saving are really not worth sacrificing the overall reliability.

Duratec and EcoBoost pretty much share the same architecture... I can tell you they are not a smooth engine.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts