Ford Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Yeah the Aux Fuel is still “hooked up” because I need a custom line made for the HPFP to the ethanol content sensor. The one supplied in the XDI kit doesn’t work with it.

I have the XDI EVO so the highest flow. With the 2.5L swap you’ll likely need the additional lift pump upgrade to help with the fuel demand you’ll need. Those 2.5 swaps make a lot of power and loads of torque, just going to need more maintenance due to that massive stroke and piston side loading. Gotta pay to play for power though! Haha
Definetly gotta pay to play lol but i had to pay for unnecessary garbage from Esslinger Engineering and no compensation.

That is the hpfp i got too. About the lift pump, you are right about that for running Ethanol blend and getting the most out of it. Also mentioned to me by Mountune. However for pump gas and WMI I will not reach thhe limits so i will be fine. No Ethanol around here unfortuantly and not seeking max whp either. Just a fun to drive car with decent power. I guess if i had ethanol around here i would not say that lol

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus RS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Definetly gotta pay to play lol but i had to pay for unnecessary garbage from Esslinger Engineering and no compensation.

That is the hpfp i got too. About the lift pump, you are right about that for running Ethanol blend and getting the most out of it. Also mentioned to me by Mountune. However for pump gas and WMI I will not reach thhe limits so i will be fine. No Ethanol around here unfortuantly and not seeking max whp either. Just a fun to drive car with decent power. I guess if i had ethanol around here i would not say that lol
Even on pump gas you’ll make WAY more HP than a 2.3L lol. Add WMI and you’re even higher. I don’t have ethanol in my area either, but I order it by the 55 gallon drum a few drums at a time that’s the only way I could run it lol

·
Registered
263 Posts
Lol it literally looks stock like every other focus. these motors aren’t pretty when built.

View attachment 356114
Yeah...it is kind of a bummer that you don't get to see all the wacky stuff in there that we do to them.

Here is another 2.3 build...you can actually stand "IN" the engine compartment to work on the motor.

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Reactions: 586_RS

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus RS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hello you mention you achieved a record of 586whp and are the current holder. Is this on a factory ECU or is the record in relation to ?
Record in the United States on the Precision NX2 turbo, yes, there’s one other guy in the UK that claims more but it’s on a Dyno brand I’ve never heard of and I’m unsure exactly what fuel he was using. This was all done with a Cobb Access port.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus RS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Must be because @Ryan @ PDTuning has a way higher hp build. MoTeC RS Build
EDIT: oops he's not on an nx2 lmao
Yeah, key point is NX2 turbo. There’s more higher HP cars for SURE on larger turbo setups. Pablo at speed performance is about to finish up a 1000whp build. I believe that will be 2.5L though so that’s a whole different group

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus RS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Yeah the more popular those 2.5's become the better off all of us will be long run. Keeping my eye on those guys
They make a **** ton more power… but at the risk of reliability. The rod/piston angle on those 2.5’s is wild, you’ll likely be seeing those need rebuilds after 10,000-15,000 miles due to ovaling out the sleeves lol. But hey, power costs.

·
Registered
647 Posts
They make a **** ton more power… but at the risk of reliability. The rod/piston angle on those 2.5’s is wild, you’ll likely be seeing those need rebuilds after 10,000-15,000 miles due to ovaling out the sleeves lol. But hey, power costs.
Yeah and this platform, as you've seen, is no easy road. Someone's gotta do it though! Hopefully we can see some rdu developments in the future to fix the fwd issue on high hp.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I’m not disputing your records just didn’t quite know how or which you are holding, awesome build 👍

isn’t their the RDU software mod by Pro moto Nutron which lets you select more or less rear wheel bias to aid quarter mile take off.
Or theirs also the RDU beta software from Kacper and theirs a few threads on here on it how to download and install etc

·
Registered
647 Posts
I’m not disputing your records just didn’t quite know how or which you are holding, awesome build 👍

isn’t their the RDU software mod by Pro moto Nutron which lets you select more or less rear wheel bias to aid quarter mile take off.
Or theirs also the RDU beta software from Kacper and theirs a few threads on here on it how to download and install etc
Yeah many of us are using that already. He's already stated he uses it but it's still too much fwd bias

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus RS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·

Mines done through Kacper, the Motec system
Is different
Is that torque splitter better? whats the difference?
100% torque can be sent to a single wheel with much more precision. Take a look at the new Audi RS3, the “torque rear” mode puts the focus RS “Drift mode” to absolute shame (just an example). Much more of the power can be sent to the rear of the car where as the RS is capped at a specific torque.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is different

100% torque can be sent to a single wheel with much more precision. Take a look at the new Audi RS3, the “torque rear” mode puts the focus RS “Drift mode” to absolute shame (just an example). Much more of the power can be sent to the rear of the car where as the RS is capped at a specific torque.
Though I'm pretty sure the audi torque splitter should be better since its 5 years newer, I'd still like a source which breaks down the specifications. Do you have any links? I founds some for the audi, but couldnt get any numbers on the GKN twinster.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is different

Looks about the same in terms of torque handling. 1750 Nm for the Audi and 1700 Nm for the GKN stock which you can flash to 2550 Nm

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus RS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Though I'm pretty sure the audi torque splitter should be better since its 5 years newer, I'd still like a source which breaks down the specifications. Do you have any links? I founds some for the audi, but couldnt get any numbers on the GKN twinster.
It’s still torque vectoring but MUCH more sophisticated. The RS has a pretty basic torque vectoring layout and control system. VW just took it a few steps forward.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts