Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus RS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Focus RS dot org
Here to share my build. It’s a 2016 RS2 in NB, been building it about 2 years. The engine was built and installed at Speed Performance in New Jersey and the transmission/clutch and Dyno tune were performed at tune+ in Minnesota. Car is tuned on E70 (that’s what the pump was producing at time of the tune). We put 4 map slots on E70 to dial in the power depending on track conditions that’s why you’ll see for runs in the Dyno graph below.

Car is the current record holder for highest HP NX2 turbo car in the United States
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel
Engine:
1.)
Speed Perf6rmanc3 stage 2 longblock (2.0L ST block stroked to 2.3L) Mahle pistons, Manley rods, king bearings, ARP 625+ head studs, o-ringed head, Manley valve springs, guides, retainers, 7* lock conversion, pinned cams, tear dropped crank, keyed crank Piper BP300 camshafts
2.)
precision NX2 turbo with tune+ WGA and GFB DV+ diverted valve
3.) XDI EVO HPFP
4.) XDI2000 injectors
5.) Tune+ NGK plugs
6.) ETS intercooler, charge pipes, intake
7.) Catless downpipe
8.) Radium engineering catch cans, baffle plate, fuel filter kit
9.) Magnaflow Catback
Suspension:
1.)
powerflex adjustable front camber bushings
2.) powerflex anti-lift caster bushings
3.) massive rear camber arms
4.) Whiteline front and rear sway bars
5.) steeda sway bar end links
Drivetrain:
1.)
built transmission: carbon synchros, stainless steel bearings, heat treated and micro polished gear set, Quaife LSD
2.) Competition twin disc clutch
3.) steeda clutch spring
4.) mountune PTU brace
5.) Coolerworx shifter (carbon shaft)
6.) solid shifter bracket bushings
7.) Cobb shifter cable bushings
8.) Rear diff tune (25%)
Brakes:
1.)
Mountune stainless brake lines
Tuner:
Adam Brunson @ Tune+

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus RS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol dude pretty sure that's my race red in the back. Assume this was late May 2021?
Also this build is crazy. Curious what your total bill was on this build?
Haha yeah that was taken in may at Adam’s shop for sure. Total cost in parts only was $32500. Got the car in 2017 for $38k (2500 miles on it). Add about $15k in labor/transportation/maintenance. So expensive as BALLS. Car is currently for sale though, just haven’t posted an ad here yet.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus RS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So thats why you are here to sale it...ok...
Not entirely, here to share what the NX2 and BP300 series cams can do. The cams is what sets this car apart from 99% of the other builds here. Not to mention this was done with ZERO porting of any kind to the cylinder head. So it could help someone with what direction to take their build.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus RS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice choice on parts. Your wallet hates you, and all that for 586 wheel...
lol yeah man, I stopped really counting at $85k but I know it’s in the 90’s because I had shops do the build for warranty purposes. However, I could have went with a bigger turbo or a 2.5L build for well over 700whp, but even 550whp is useless on these cars. Even with an LSD upfront and rear diff tune the fronts still spin like it’s a FWD. So to go with anything more than this is pretty much a waste.
Also, we stopped at 586 because I already had the record by a good amount. Adam said we had over 600 if I wanted it but ultimately I wanted to retain some reliability.

·
Registered
339 Posts
any engine build pics and front pics with hood up so we can see motor????

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus RS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You drive this in the cold? What exactly is cold? That's the reason I havent swapped yet. Not to mention I leave my car for two weeks at a time for work 😔...
What weight oil do you use, out of curiosity sake
Haha absolutely drive this thing in the cold. 10* at the lowest. I run 10w40 VP Pro-grade as told by my builder.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

1 - 20 of 72 Posts