Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who and when are you going in tomorrow to close your deal? More so, who has the stone to "get around to it" at a later date?

·
Registered
971 Posts
11.30am. My sales guy is a late starter! Let's have everyone update as soon as they have their order actually confirmed for build.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My appointment is with the Sale manager at 2:00........ I don't know .... that will seam like for ever! Bad enough I will need a mouth full of sleeping pills. Like a kid on christmas eve!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'll be going after work 6pm EST. But I think the order won't be put in until Tuesday as the person who orders leaves at 5p. :(

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll be going after work 6pm EST. But I think the order won't be put in until Tuesday as the person who orders leaves at 5p. :(
If I understand correctly, Im sure someone will correct me, the orders are purged on the 12th with or without you. Its just a paperwork formality to officially label the car as yours. The proverbial "black, black, no trade back" if you will

·
Registered
187 Posts
If I understand correctly, Im sure someone will correct me, the orders are purged on the 12th with or without you. Its just a paperwork formality to officially label the car as yours. The proverbial "black, black, no trade back" if you will
Sales guy told me he would hold my order until I came in tomorrow, so I'm just assuming it won't be put in until Tuesday. But if what you say is true then that's fine with me also. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I met with the General Sales Manager on Thursday and he said he would call me as soon as he sees pricing and will place my order. And my price agree upon is at MSRP, with some service perks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Kind of pathetic. I still haven't even received any info on ordering at any dealers in MA. I'll be buying a second production year run it appears. Hopefully tomorrow goes well for everyone!!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Kind of pathetic. I still haven't even received any info on ordering at any dealers in MA. I'll be buying a second production year run it appears. Hopefully tomorrow goes well for everyone!!
what dealers did you call?
it helps us if you name names.
I left a 2k markup offer at First Ford in Fall River. they had allocations and not sure if they had other interested buyers. could always call and see if they want to sell for msrp.
where in MA are you?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Come on you can do better than that... :D
Just mapped it out. if I stick to the interstate its about 170 miles. I have 30 miles of backroads @40mph = 45min and 140 miles of highway @80mph = 1hr 45min. If I were to do 90 the entire stretch of the highway I only gain 11-12 min and an agitated wife. :( 2.5hrs is all I'll be able to do it in tomorrow. :p

·
Registered
47 Posts
Eff it, I'm waiting until a later date. I've contacted a ton of dealers in Alabama and Georgia, even one in Texas. They all had markups of about $5,000 but one, and they said they were going to mark it up $20,000 - hahahahaha... dumbasses!

So I'm taking the $40k I was going to spend on the RS, adding the $5k from the addendum, and buying a 911 (997 series). By the time I get bored with that the dealership feeding frenzy should be long gone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
what dealers did you call?
it helps us if you name names.
I left a 2k markup offer at First Ford in Fall River. they had allocations and not sure if they had other interested buyers. could always call and see if they want to sell for msrp.
where in MA are you?
Rodman Ford
Foxborough, MA

Told me back in August that they would be able to get an RS. Emailed in early October about updates, was told I could make an order in December. After seeing info on this forum, called back almost daily and left unanswered voicemails. Haven't heard back.

Framingham Ford
Framingham, MA

Had no clue what an RS was. Knew nothing about ordering as of Oct. 10.

I am from Framingham area. I may be too late, but may look around to dealers outside MA.

·
Super Moderator
15,469 Posts
Appears that Ford isn't getting the word out about the FoRS.

Those dealers that are asking for markups need to suffer an extended time in Dealer Purgatory and those models they receive should/shall rust while sitting on the lot.

Sad, I expected more from Ford.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
So who and when are you going in tomorrow to close your deal? More so, who has the stone to "get around to it" at a later date?
I've already given them a deposit. Not a whole lot more to do anytime soon. Nothing additional tomorrow besides checking email constantly for order details.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts