·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
image.jpg That button with the "A" (above and to the right of the drive mode selector button) is the switch to disable the auto start/stop.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
From Google Translate:

"We say it this way: you do not need, it is not for beginners, and without them the Ford Focus RS would be even faster - the drift function. Nevertheless, exactly this is likely to be decisive mode reason to buy some gasoline Ultras. By pressing a button slides the Compact, wrapped in a blue cloud of smoke on the asphalt - towards so much smoke in the rubber faded even show Drifter Ken Block.
With a lot of power and all-wheel of the Focus is the serious athlete

Drifting is not all: The variable-wheel drive dovetailed the Focus RS on request firmly to the road.
The Focus help two things: the new all-wheel drive and 350 horsepower proud or up to 440 Nm of torque from a 2.3-liter turbo gasoline engine. The all-wheel drive realizes a variable power distribution. So runs a continuous co-rotating propeller shaft power from the gearbox to the rear axle (the way from the Kuga). Work Here two electro-hydraulic clutches, which distribute the torque between the two drive shafts. Up to 100 percent of the power can thus be guided to the outside wheel. Means: Donuts and inclined drifts over all four spinning wheels are possible. So far the show. If serious, the RS is also ready. High traction, solid cornering and the sheer power of the four-cylinder whip him on the test track. Class: In addition to unexpected tour-compatible suspension vote no funny business during load changes can be seen, the brake (35 cm lush) by holding little steering is enough to tick tight corners.
All news and tests for Ford Focus RS
Unfortunately, the sitting position turns out to be high, the somewhat puny shift light lacks optical assertiveness, the switching paths should have shorter. As comforting that the RS will cost "only" 39,000 euros. By comparison, a Mercedes A 45 AMG is around 12,000 euros more expensive. And then does not so spectacular drift function."

It would be nice to get a quality German-to-English translation from a human. It is still debatable whether this person drove it or simply sat in it after riding as a passenger and got to fiddle with a static shifter.

Jim

·
Registered
317 Posts
This Ford smokes at your fingertips Drifting is not all: The variable-wheel drive dovetailed the Focus RS on request firmly to the road.

Some Google translate work...

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't think they drove it. People have been allowed to sit in the driver seat, where they could tell the seat height. Playing with the shifter could give them the impression they need for throw and the shift light would be visible from the passenger seat (though it is somewhat irresponsible to judge it from a non-driver position).

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
The ST's shifter was annoying because the throws were not evenly spaced, and the rear gates were a noticeably longer throw. The shift plate eliminated this and as far as feel goes I'm happy with the ST. I don't see how the RS would be worse and I'm assuming they put the Ford racing upgrade in the RS or something like it considering it has been stated to have an upgraded shifter over the ST.

·
Registered
558 Posts
The ride height issue is unavoidable with the Focus car body, it's 4" taller than even the much bigger Mustang. My current vehicle is 7" lower, and getting into a Focus unfortunately feels a bit like sitting in a CUV by comparison. Lower ride levels convey a stronger sense of speed for a given MPH - an advantage cars like the MX-5 use to make slower (i.e. legal) driving more fun and engaging.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts