Ford Focus RS Forum banner

681 - 700 of 715 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had bought my car and they completed it before I bought it at Stanley Ford.

About 6 of us from the Facebook group have gone to Town East Ford. They have had good results and the same two guys work on all of them.
What FB group is that?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a '18 Race Red LE RS... picked it up mid-December. Around the same time moved from Frisco to Prosper. Good to hear there are other RS owners in the area... :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Reactions: AnalogDan

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’m in the process of making a final decision on which dealer to do the HG recall work.

I bought the car from Covert Ford in Austin.

I spoke directly to one of the techs at Covert that does the work yesterday about the process and his experience at doing the work and I am generally satisfied.

A few highlights:

1.) They do not pull the engine from the car for the work, rather they do it with the engine in the car.

2.) He indicated that they have done a number of recalls for folks in “Austin RS Club” and said they would be accommodating if I wanted to provide ARP head studs to use during re-assembly as they have done this for a few people. (I did not ask about alternative head studs, he shared this info willingly and even commented that he knew that the ARPs were the same as the Mazda 2.3 studs)

3.) He said that they would not be able to keep the car inside while it was awaiting parts (space limitations) but that it would remain inside until all work was complete once the work has been started

4.) I could take the car home to keep in my garage between the leak-down test and the parts arrival if I desired.

Anyone else care to chime in about their experience with Covert in Austin? He did mention “club members” so I’m curious if that refers to anyone here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey everyone, Would love to get a good Texas Thread going.

I'm currently in Abilene which is 3 hours west of Dallas. I had to go to Grapevine in Dallas to order my Nitrous Blue RS2. Can't wait to get it!

1. Skitish--------(James)-----Abilene---------------RS2, Nitrous Blue, Wheels------------------(Purchased from Grapevine Ford, Dallas)
2. FoRS214------(Garrison)--DFW,-----------------RS2, Frozen White, Moonroof---------------(Purchased from Five Star Ford, Dallas)
3. Egrattan------(Elliott)------DFW,-----------------RS1, Frozen White, Moonroof---------------(Purchased from Grapevine Ford, Dallas)
4. JasonG--------(Jason)-----College Station-------RS2, Nitrous Blue----------------------------(Purchased from Brenham Ford, Brenham)
5. MidCow3------(Bill)--------Houston--------------RS2, Shadow Black, Moonroof, Wheels-----(Purchased from Tomball Ford, Tomball)
6. Kbrd-----------(Taylor)----Austin----------------RS2, Stealth Gray, Moonroof, Wheels-------(Purchased from Mac Haik Ford, Georgetown)
7. NZWINRZ-----(Glenn)-----Richardson-----------RS2, Nitrous Blue, Moonroof----------------(Purchased from North Central Ford)
8. Krink545------(Joel)-------Edinburg-------------RS2, Nitrous Blue, Moonroof, Wheels-------(Purchased from Mac Haik Ford, Victoria)
9. Ginamarie135-(Gina)-----Dallas-----------------RS1, Nitrous Blue, Moonroof----------------(Purchased from Patriot Ford, Purcell OK)
10. UKXPAT------(Toby)------Chicago--------------RS1, Nitrous Blue, Winter Wheels----------(Purchased from Grapevine Ford, Dallas)
11. Oroxil--------(Mike)-----Austin-----------------RS2, Nitrous Blue, Moonroof----------------(Purchased from Jordan Ford, San Antonio)
12. STdavid------(David)----Dallas-----------------RS1, Shadow Black--------------------------(Purchased from Five Star Ford, Dallas)
13. Texranger----(Nic)-------Spring----------------RS1, Frozen White---------------------------(Purchased from Gullo Ford, Conroe TX)
14. Trajic_1------(Luis)------Houston--------------RS2, Stealth Grey, Wheels, Moonroof-------(Purchased from Tommie Vaughn Ford, Houston)
15. DFD_RS------(Matt)------North Dallas---------RS1, Nitrous Blue, Moonroof----------------(Purchased from Bob Tomes Ford, Dallas)
16. jose.lomeli---(Joe)-------Killeen----------------RS1, Shadow Black, Wheels----------------(Purchased from Lief Johnson Ford, Austin)
17. FMCC---------(?)---------Odessa---------------RS2, Nitrous Blue, Wheels-------------------(Purchased from Sewell Ford, Odessa)
18. EvanRyan----(Evan)-----Houston--------------RS2, Shadow Black---------------------------(Purchased from Mac Haik Ford, Houston)
19. JLW-----------(Jay)------Denton----------------RS1, Shadow Black--------------------------(Purchased from Bill Utter Ford, Denton)
20. Bird_Jenkins8 (Justin)---Dallas-----------------RS2, Stealth Grey, Wheels------------------(Purchased from Grapevine Ford, Dallas)
21. Cruisn---------(?)--------San Antonio-----------RS1, Nitrous Blue, Moonroof----------------(Purchased from San Antonio, Texas)
22. Stealthyrs----(Joe)------Corpus Christi---------RS1, Stealth Grey---------------------------(Purchased from Out of State (GA))
23. Fastpony-----(Bill)-------Austin------------------RS2, Stealth Grey, Wheels-----------------(Purchased from Mac Haik, Georgetown)
24. Jmunjr-------(John)-----Houston----------------RS1, Stealth Grey---------------------------(Purchased from Out of State (IN))
25. Kjolnir-------(Tim)-------Austin------------------RS2, Nitrous Blue, Wheels, Moonroof------(Purchased from Lief Johnson, Austin)
26. Gopherboy--(?)----------Houston----------------RS2, Nitrous Blue---------------------------(Purchased from Joe Myers Ford, Houston)
27. PaulFlyByFast (Paul)-----DFW-------------------RS2, Nitrous Blue, Moonroof, Wheels------(Purchased from Five Star Ford, DFW)
28. kdarbuckle---(Kevin)----Houston---------------RS2, Stealth Gray, Wheels------------------(Purchased from Helfman Ford, Houston?)
29. NitroRS------(Byron)----DFW-------------------RS2, Stealth Gray, Wheels, Moonroof------(Purchased from Autonation Ford, Arlington, TX)
30. Azampatti----(Aldo)-----DFW-------------------RS2, Nitrous Blue, Moonroof?---------------(Purchased from Sam Pack Five Star, Carrollton, TX)
31. Turbojunkie--(Wes)-----Corpus Christi---------RS2, Nitrous Blue----------------------------(Purchased from Autonation Ford, Corpus Christi)
32.??--------------(Matt)----Corpus Christi---------RS2, Frozen White----------------------------(Purchased from Sames Crow Ford, Corpus Christi)
33. ???<--- naegerter----(Nick)----San Angelo-------------RS2, Shadow Black, Wheels, Moonroof----(Purchased from Autonation Ford, Frisco, TX)

Hey y'all! Been a LONG time lurker. Been wanting an RS since it was rumored to be awd. The love-child of my 2004 WRX and 2012 Focus SE. Once the financing came around I pulled the trigger and haven't stopped smiling since rolling off the dealership lot! Looking forward to getting more involved in the forums, meeting other RS owners, and driving the RS for years to come.

Dunno if that intro qualifies for me to be mentioned as Texas RS owner, hopefully it does. .__.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
#.thomwithah--------(Thom)-----Houston-----------2018, Nitrous Blue, Roof, tires,etc----------------(Purchased From Covert Ford, Austin)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
ViyuPR87--------(David)-----San Antonio West 1604-----------2017, RS Shadow Black (West Red Mccombs Ford)

Just got this last weekend. Was eyeballing it since i moved to SA. Around my area have seen a NB RS a few times.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Just moved in from California (yeah, yeah, I know). Bought mine from Serramonte Ford in Colma, CA. I'm outside of Austin in Leander. Glad to see so many of us around.

681 - 700 of 715 Posts