Ford Focus RS Forum banner

661 - 680 of 715 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have an appointment at Leif Johnson Ford in Austin. I've got no particular reason to trust them other than they do a lot of volume and I like the staff. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'll be meeting the service manager and double-checking the parts before/after the fix.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dont think I'll need to take mine in.

My whole motor has just been replaced. Was on a trip to Disney World at the beginning of the month and on my way home the motor blew all to hell at 70 mph on the freeway.
Been at Ford in Gainesville for about two weeks now. New motor, new intake, new turbo, and now a Fusible Link is blown and it won't start, so that part is due in tomorrow.

A Jeep is starting to look real good right about now.

Reactions: Patches and FoRS214

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Dont think I'll need to take mine in.

My whole motor has just been replaced. Was on a trip to Disney World at the beginning of the month and on my way home the motor blew all to hell at 70 mph on the freeway.
Been at Ford in Gainesville for about two weeks now. New motor, new intake, new turbo, and now a Fusible Link is blown and it won't start, so that part is due in tomorrow.

A Jeep is starting to look real good right about now.
Geez that was my fear. Motor blowing while out road tripping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have an appointment at Leif Johnson Ford in Austin. I've got no particular reason to trust them other than they do a lot of volume and I like the staff. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'll be meeting the service manager and double-checking the parts before/after the fix.
Please let us know! I don't really trust my local San Antonio dealer and I don't mind a drive

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #667
I had mine done already. I wonder if Ford will be a reimbursement or something. haha

·
Registered
261 Posts
Please let us know! I don't really trust my local San Antonio dealer and I don't mind a drive
Well, I cancelled my appointment for tomorrow. I swung by today after a meeting just to be sure they had the parts ready to go. The service tech said they had everything, but honestly I just did not feel a lot of confidence from the exchange. It appeared he was reading the FSA for the first time as we were standing there. When I pressed him on the parts availability, he said, "oh we have the gasket ready to go, no problem, but we may have to order the cylinder head from Detroit." Again, he didn't say anything wrong, I just did not get the sense they understood the importance of this service and the possibility of the wrong parts floating around. I'm going to call around to some other dealers and see what I can find out.

In the mean time, if anyone has a Tech they trust, please post!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I drove 455 today - it's my first attempt at finding twisty roads in the area with the RS. Overall, 7/10 (I'm comparing it to 2 lane country roads in Appalachia, Ohio, since that's all I've experience with). Here's the route:

(sorry, my post count's not high enough, the website won't let me embed proper URL's)

motorcycleroads.com/75/1447/Texas/North-Dallas-Twistys.html#sthash.r22alzKH.dpbs

I found it via motorcycleroads.com/Routes/Texas_119.html

The middle of it was the best - lots of motorcycles riding up there - and imho when you see that, you know you're onto something :)

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
I drove 455 today - it's my first attempt at finding twisty roads in the area with the RS. Overall, 7/10 (I'm comparing it to 2 lane country roads in Appalachia, Ohio, since that's all I've experience with). Here's the route:

(sorry, my post count's not high enough, the website won't let me embed proper URL's)

motorcycleroads.com/75/1447/Texas/North-Dallas-Twistys.html#sthash.r22alzKH.dpbs

I found it via motorcycleroads.com/Routes/Texas_119.html

The middle of it was the best - lots of motorcycles riding up there - and imho when you see that, you know you're onto something :)
Man don’t post up some of my routes on the internet. You’ll ruin them fast doing that. I have 17 years on them and it has settled down over the last few years, thankfully.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Need window tint referrals

This Texas heat... OMG. 60's in January? I'm used to single digits! I'm in DFW area (Frisco). Can any of you recommend a vendor/someone for window tinting?

Do Texas auto inspection places typically measure the tint?

Given the temps I've heard the area can get in the summer, I'd like them as dark as possible. Ceramic seems like a no brainer. I had an ST, didn't do ceramic (cheated out) and always regretted it after getting a job w/ lot-parking so the vehicle baked in the sun all day.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
This Texas heat... OMG. 60's in January? I'm used to single digits! I'm in DFW area (Frisco). Can any of you recommend a vendor/someone for window tinting?

Do Texas auto inspection places typically measure the tint?

Given the temps I've heard the area can get in the summer, I'd like them as dark as possible. Ceramic seems like a no brainer. I had an ST, didn't do ceramic (cheated out) and always regretted it after getting a job w/ lot-parking so the vehicle baked in the sun all day.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!
Just had mine done by Custom Car Stereo and Tint off Midway in Farmers Branch. They did a good job. Can't comment on price because I had it done through my body shop and they got a deal.
Before I had both evos done by Moonshadow. They do fantastic work as well.
Also, I only go as dark as legal, but I've never been harassed about tint at inspection.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ended up going with Frisco Tint. Went to legal levels, ceramic, and had clear ceramic put on the front window. There were a few bubble, but the disappeared within a few days. So far so good. I was highly tempted to try and go darker then legal. I see so many cars that are seemingly darker. But didn't want to press it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought my 2017 RS from Leif Johnson and (so far) have had nothing but a great experience. Met the service manager on Friday and we reviewed the next steps to get the head gasket situation addressed. It turned out that they had already ordered the parts before I even bought the car. So this coming Wednesday my RS should be going in to get a new HG.

I'll update as things progress.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ended up going with Frisco Tint. Went to legal levels, ceramic, and had clear ceramic put on the front window. There were a few bubble, but the disappeared within a few days. So far so good. I was highly tempted to try and go darker then legal. I see so many cars that are seemingly darker. But didn't want to press it.
Probably smart. I went legal because I don't run a front plate and I follow a very important rule... don't break two laws at once. :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mornin' Folks, 2018 NB RS LE checking in from the North DFW area. I picked my RS up almost a month ago, been loving it ever since. She is still stock aside from a K&N drop in. Ordered a pedal spacer and rear plate mount from yourlittlecncshop that should be arriving this week. Next up will be a RMM and cat-back, eventually going for more bolt-on goodies and a tune though I am waiting until a get more miles on her stock before diving in that far.

Question for all of you, are there any meetups in the DFW area that fellow RS owners frequent? Whether it is RS specific or just a general meetup, doesn't matter to me. I've been out of the meetup scene for a while due to school and crazy work schedule (also not having a car worth showing up in haha), wanting to get back into the scene again.

Reactions: lottadot
661 - 680 of 715 Posts