Ford Focus RS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Nice mods.. how do you like the drift stick? What is the main difference from regular e- brake? I want to get it but would like to have more of a reason lol. Thanks for any info you can give

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Nicef mods.. how do you like the drift stick? What is the main difference from regular e- brake? I want to get it but would like to have more of a reason lol. Thanks for any info you can give
asd
Yeah -so the regular e-brake you can't use the same manner as the drift stick. As far as what it's like, it's pretty much as advertised. This video does likely a better job of explaining it:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
@tarrant64 does your drift stick rattle at certain rpms or when going over bumps? Mine seemed to hit a certain resonant frequency and would rattle. Only way i can stop it is to rest my hand on the handle, which isn't too bad on short trips but drove me nuts on the freeway. I finally took it off, but left the wiring in place, so should be easy to swap back come fall/winter, when I can play with it again on those rainy days.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
No, mine does not rattle. I’d be curious on your overall setup though - for example downpipe or exhaust type and whether you have an aftermarket rear motor mount.

If it’s rattling ultimately something is causing those vibrations I’d think or it’s not as secure/tight as it should be. Rattles drive me nuts. I have legit sold a car before because I could not get rid of a rattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Yeah -so the regular e-brake you can't use the same manner as the drift stick. As far as what it's like, it's pretty much as advertised. This video does likely a better job of explaining it:
Thinking some more on it.

The drift stick still has the ebrake component and you can pull up on it (when it’s not locked down) like you would a typical ebrake. I use that often along with putting the car into gear to keep from rolling.

What it adds is the ability to apply 2k+ psi of locking power to the brakes ultimately while driving and initiates a drift. It takes a few tries to adjust to but it’s probably the most natural feeling way to get the car to drift at darn near any speed.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Got the new quick shift installed last night along with the replacement bushings.

The amount of suck getting the pin out for the shifter assembly is reduced by using a bit of WD-40 during the process. For the first 20 minutes of banging away at it with a hammer I’m pretty sure it didn’t budge one bit. The next 20 minutes, after some WD-40, i could actually tell i was making progress.

Bushings feel good as does the quick shift.

RMM and brake work coming soon!

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Got the brake work done this week (thanks to Panda Motorworks).

Hawk DTC-30 Pads front/rear.
Goodridge Phantom Stainless Steel Brake Lines -
Fluid swapped out to Motul 660
Mountune shift boot installed and reverse lockout upgraded from Raceseng.

Original stock pads - about halfway through at 23K miles.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Update:

I've got some 19" Fifteen52 Podium wheels on the way, as well as Steeda's jacking rails for easier lifting of the car.

My Ventus Veloce hood finally came in - it looks awesome. They aren't pre-cutting holes out anymore due to customers wanting to move things around frequently so I had to take it into my own hands to do. Thankfully, I didn't F* anything up haha. Either way - here it is. There's some fine adjustment that needs to be done still but overall really happy with it.

This is a shot prior to me adjusting the hood some more to bring down that front drivers side 'gap'. It's pretty much all lined up now but will take some outdoor pics this weekend if the sun ever shows itself again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
How did you power it up?
Where did you run wires to??
It was added using an "add-a-fuse" kit into a known/documented fuse for on/off with the car I got off another post on the forum. Doesn't look like I have other pictures than this. Typically I take more pics than that but this is all I have before it was completed. Hopefully that helps.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
18s?

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
19x8.5 for my summers. My stock 19's now hold my All Seasons (I live in the Midwest, probably should consider winters lol).

For next year I'm going to get some better track tires and put them on Titan 18" TS5's or something maybe.

101 - 120 of 122 Posts