Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am a dealer Tech and Ford recently released me on one of the vehicles and said you know what? We don't have a standard service message for the noise coming from inside the vehicle and we know that it is becoming a problem. So do whatever you have to do to figure out what it is and please let us know.....And I did find the problem here is my video write up on it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
So I could have asked for a discount since they didn’t assemble all they way. Damnt 😂

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you happen to watch the video? If so youd see the answer to that is YES

and I show you the clips as well as what things have to be replaced

Like the dome lights have to be carefully unsnaped and pulled down, then the bracket behind it has 2 t20 torx that have to come out, the plastic around the seatbelts retractor has an airbag plastic insert with a t20 behind it and then the a pillars have to be unsnaped and also the inserts in the c pillar have little caps with screws behind them, one connector on the A pillar has to be unplugged and right down under the dash there is 1 connector that has to be unplugged and fished out through the top....ford says you need to pull the glove box housing out but you really don't

Then there are clothes hooks and an oshit handle that has to be removed and also a few pieces of plastic in the hatch area need removed and there are screws also there

The harness stays attached to the headliner as you pull it out

Front right and back right 2 drain rubber tubes get disconnected

Once you remove the headliner and unplug the connector the vehicle will not start with the smart key detect until its plugged back in

Also the headliner is a mother to get out alone and even with 2 people and the seats down it's almost as if you are going to mess the liner up taking it out so be careful

Front seats all the way forward and down as far as possible and back seats laying down when removing

Sorry I'm at work so I had to make this quick, grammar and spelling I'll change later

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Remove the headliner? Fkkk I've started noticing tapping on slow bumpy roads and still can't figure out where it's coming from, but it does sound like its front center by the windshield......

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Did you happen to watch the video? If so youd see the answer to that is YES

and I show you the clips as well as what things have to be replaced

Like the dome lights have to be carefully unsnaped and pulled down, then the bracket behind it has 2 t20 torx that have to come out, the plastic around the seatbelts retractor has an airbag plastic insert with a t20 behind it and then the a pillars have to be unsnaped and also the inserts in the c pillar have little caps with screws behind them, one connector on the A pillar has to be unplugged and right down under the dash there is 1 connector that has to be unplugged and fished out through the top....ford says you need to pull the glove box housing out but you really don't

Then there are clothes hooks and an oshit handle that has to be removed and also a few pieces of plastic in the hatch area need removed and there are screws also there

The harness stays attached to the headliner as you pull it out

Front right and back right 2 drain rubber tubes get disconnected

Once you remove the headliner and unplug the connector the vehicle will not start with the smart key detect until its plugged back in

Also the headliner is a mother to get out alone and even with 2 people and the seats down it's almost as if you are going to mess the liner up taking it out so be careful

Front seats all the way forward and down as far as possible and back seats laying down when removing

Sorry I'm at work so I had to make this quick, grammar and spelling I'll change later
Thanks for the quick reply. I did watch the video and was afraid that the fix would require actually pulling the headliner. Pulling the headliner looks like a huge pain, and you managed to do it and take a video of it and I'm sure someone on here will appreciate your attention to detail in the future.

Sometimes for these clips you can give them a good whack and they get seated, but it took tearing the headliner apart to see where those clips live.

Awesome video, thanks for sharing your knowledge!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the quick reply. I did watch the video and was afraid that the fix would require actually pulling the headliner. Pulling the headliner looks like a huge pain, and you managed to do it and take a video of it and I'm sure someone on here will appreciate your attention to detail in the future.

Sometimes for these clips you can give them a good whack and they get seated, but it took tearing the headliner apart to see where those clips live.

I'm afraid if you try to give these clips on The sunroof a good whack to get them seated You're probably going to damage the headliner because there's too many Jagged edges thay stick out past where the clips are at.

If you were careful enough, you could probably pull some of the stuff on the passenger side down or the side is affected in kind of real nice and easy reach in there and you might be able to feel them but it's better to just drop the headliner where it's at not pull it completly out of the car and push the Clips in that way.

Basically do everything just to get it to drop down but don't pull it completely out and Don't Unplug the connectors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Remove the headliner? Fkkk I've started noticing tapping on slow bumpy roads and still can't figure out where it's coming from, but it does sound like its front center by the windshield......
I would suggest letting somebody else drive the vehicle and then you sit in the area where your hear it coming from and then put your ear to the headliner and listen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Yvw - thanks for the reply

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Thats what you get for having a stupid moon roof. A totally pointless waste of time that just introduces extra failure points.

Ciao

1 - 13 of 13 Posts