Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the unfortunate experience of waking up to find someone has broken my passenger side tail lamp housing while my RS was parked on the street. Is the RS tail lamp a specific part number? I know it is different from the base hatchback lamp but is it the same as an ST? I'm struggling with the idea of replacing with factory because they are $400+ and for that price I would consider aftermarket options.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've had the unfortunate experience of waking up to find someone has broken my passenger side tail lamp housing while my RS was parked on the street. Is the RS tail lamp a specific part number? I know it is different from the base hatchback lamp but is it the same as an ST? I'm struggling with the idea of replacing with factory because they are $400+ and for that price I would consider aftermarket options.
I don’t know a part number but they are different than the ST’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
FWIW: Spec-d replacement for a cracked(!) tail light on red body. Only 8k KM on my car. Quoted $900 Canadian for stock replacement. These were half the price and I think they suit the red paint better than the stock.
F8E93915-83F9-4679-B489-98BE1C0AAB1B.jpeg

·
Registered
161 Posts
FWIW: Spec-d replacement for a cracked(!) tail light on red body. Only 8k KM on my car. Quoted $900 Canadian for stock replacement. These were half the price and I think they suit the red paint better than the stock. View attachment 335356

Those look fantastic with the rear spoiler. Do you think cops would consider those an issue?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I elected for the aftermarket route after one of mine was damaged in a parking lot. Kinda wish I got the carbon trunk as well now. Lol. I got the black housing led ones from China that looked pretty good with the shadow black color of the RS. Overall I’ve been very satisfied with them and have not found any issues yet.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Luckily I found someone on eBay who must not have known what they were selling and got an OEM one for $55. It was from a wrecked RS so it has some minor scuffs and some sort of glue-like residue but I should be able to clean it all up.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I elected for the aftermarket route after one of mine was damaged in a parking lot. Kinda wish I got the carbon trunk as well now. Lol. I got the black housing led ones from China that looked pretty good with the shadow black color of the RS. Overall I’ve been very satisfied with them and have not found any issues yet.
Would you mind sending me a pic of your taillights when you get a chance? I have a SB RS also and I’m curious as to what they look like

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here's what mine looks like from the back plus a before and after side shot. The red always bothered me it just broke up the car so much.
Would you mind sending me a pic of your taillights when you get a chance? I have a SB RS also and I’m curious as to what they look like

·
Registered
83 Posts
Luckily I found someone on eBay who must not have known what they were selling and got an OEM one for $55. It was from a wrecked RS so it has some minor scuffs and some sort of glue-like residue but I should be able to clean it all up.
Sure I can post a picture when I get home from work

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Those look fantastic with the rear spoiler. Do you think cops would consider those an issue?
No run-ins with cops so far. In my experience, they will get you for mods if they have their mind set to it, no matter what. Arguing the issue at the time just makes it worse. I might try professional, polite, low volume debate: calm but respectful. We’ll see if that works next time :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts