Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
RDU explosion soon to follow :friendly_wink: killer numbers, how much all in $10k?
C'mon 10k you joking. This car was done profesionally. When's The last time you shopped for performance parts and labor. This is 2017 not 1980. Try triple that amount that's probably what blu spent.

Blu it's been a long journey for you. Glad to see you are back. Killer set up, you have my respect.

Can't wait to hear the audio on this monster.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So... will it ever see the 1/4? Great numbers for sure! But it's one thing to put them down on a dyno and but them down a track.
Ehh. Not sure that the car will see the drag strip. At the current power levels it should easily be a 10 second car. I built it as a fun project to enjoy. I'll leave the official 1/4 work to you guys. :)

Reactions: JacksonRacer

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Was the Mountune Intake Manifold with injectors ever under consideration? Reasons? Just curious.

Congrats on nearly being done. Looking forward to your impressions.
Aftermarket DI injectors were a consideration for a while but once I looked into how much work it would take to get the pump and injectors to play nice, I decided to pass. There was no guarantee that I would have had enough fuel even with upgraded DI injectors.

Port injection is also relatively easy to do, the injectors are easy to swap and calibrate and has ancillary benefits outside of supplying additional fuel (clean valves).

·
Registered
266 Posts
As @bludrgn states the fuel pump cannot handle the increased air flow that an upgraded turbo like the Garrett 30xx is able to produce. The OE DI fuel system can deliver fuel for up to around 420+- whp I've been told, but after this point it starts to run out in two main areas the HPFP, and fuel injectors. At least one tuner is offering injectors as a bandaid that may help you a bit but the real issue is the HPFP and will lose pressure and lean out as the bigger turbo spools. This is why I ended up needing to move to a fuel rail system once we started tuning this week as Travis my tuner saw the limitations of the HPFP. Injectors with the OE HPFP is not a real solution especially with a bigger turbo either as the pump is the weak link. This is why an aux fuel rail is the best solution today because no HPFP offerings exist today that can output the volume needed to feed the upgraded turbo.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Ehh. Not sure that the car will see the drag strip. At the current power levels it should easily be a 10 second car. I built it as a fun project to enjoy. I'll leave the official 1/4 work to you guys. :)

I'm callin' the ball now.

10.9 @ 129mph.

Assumptions based on a 3650lb race weight.

Reactions: loubif and justcor

·
Registered
317 Posts
Title says it all :)

Thanks a million to the @Fullblown, 2J-Racing and the awesome team at Syvecs. The car wouldn't be where it is without your help to get me back up and running. Car pulls like a freight train. Max boost is set at 1.7 bar or just under 25psi on E75.

View attachment 207353

Wow blu - this is awesome. Glad to see it up and running again, this time with even more power. I think it's really noteworthy you have the syvecs ECU as well... that's a really slick piece of kit.

Can't wait to see some pulls on the street/track and hear it run. +1 for everything!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Aftermarket DI injectors were a consideration for a while but once I looked into how much work it would take to get the pump and injectors to play nice, I decided to pass. There was no guarantee that I would have had enough fuel even with upgraded DI injectors.

Port injection is also relatively easy to do, the injectors are easy to swap and calibrate and has ancillary benefits outside of supplying additional fuel (clean valves).
Rocket can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming he didn't mean swapping the stock DI injectors, but rather the stock intake manifold for the yet-to-be-released Mountune intake manifold with integrated housing for port fuel injection.

https://www.mountunestore.com/products/cast-inlet-manifold

·
Registered
2,182 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
STD dyno numbers. Meh. SAE is where it's at. Should be about 4-5% lower (494WHP, 448WTQ). But big numbers nonetheless.

Congrats on getting your RS back together. I'd love to know what else you plan on controlling with the SYVECS ECU. Saw a video where a Subie guy that runs 7 second quarter mile passes also attends time attack. Subie guy said he controls his AWD split with the SYVECS. Will that be possible with the RS?

Reactions: Slider and loubif

·
Registered
205 Posts
Subbing in for videos!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
All that power and no proof though. Sad face! That's 2 built motor big turbo RS' that will never run.

Reactions: DAHTcom

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
DIVA!!!

Awesome to see you around.

Hope all as well! =D

Reactions: DeltaT and crepr12
21 - 40 of 64 Posts