Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all :)

Thanks a million to the @Fullblown, 2J-Racing and the awesome team at Syvecs. The car wouldn't be where it is without your help to get me back up and running. Car pulls like a freight train. Max boost is set at 1.7 bar or just under 25psi on E75.

IMG_6269.PNG

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
...is E75 a typo?

Now that you have a more appropriately sized turbo, what do you feel is limiting the 2.3 with respect to power on the high end? I ask because you're still (roughly) maintaining peak power when you stopped the run at the stock fuel cut. I had personally expected it to be the stock turbo and valvesprings and that those with a larger turbo and supporting mods would see a benefit in raising the redline.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: fourZero

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...is E75 a typo?

Now that you have a more appropriately sized turbo, what do you feel is limiting the 2.3 with respect to power on the high end? I ask because you're still (roughly) maintaining peak power when you stopped the run at the stock fuel cut. I had personally expected it to be the stock turbo and valvesprings and that those with a larger turbo and supporting mods would see a benefit in raising the redline.
75% ethanol is what was measured in the tank. So while the car had "E85" in it, it was really E75. The redline can be raised but I see no reason to do that at this point. 515 is plenty. @Fullblown made almost 600whp with this very setup with exception of the cams.

Reactions: randman2011

·
Registered
261 Posts
Nice. That torque curve is much better than I was expecting. Looks like the torque still comes on low enough to be fun when you arent kicking the gas hard.

·
Registered
850 Posts
...is E75 a typo?

Short version: The ****ty headifold. The head just isn't made to flow a ton of air from the factory, and there isn't a lot of work you can do to easily to get them to. Which is why cams don't do a ton for the RS. Need to open up and smooth out the exhaust passages, but there's not much space/materiel to do so.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats @bludrgn happy to see the results it's been a journey.

Off topic side note LJ said that my Aux Rail should ship today so I hope to be roughly where you are by next weekend.
Awesome man. Looking forward to seeing what your car does.

Reactions: loubif

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
So based on prior posts, your non-answer=self-tuned? If that's the case don't be ashamed of it, if the engine holds together that's a nice curve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
280 Posts
So... will it ever see the 1/4? Great numbers for sure! But it's one thing to put them down on a dyno and but them down a track.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Congrats @bludrgn happy to see the results it's been a journey.

Off topic side note LJ said that my Aux Rail should ship today so I hope to be roughly where you are by next weekend.
Was the Mountune Intake Manifold with injectors ever under consideration? Reasons? Just curious.

Congrats on nearly being done. Looking forward to your impressions.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts