Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I think its Bogus that we have to pay for a map update on our cars when the maps they came with were circa 2015 or so.

Far as I'm concerned the maps should be up to date as of your purchase date. And if the maps are out of date with no update available Ford should owe you one free update down the road.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I think its Bogus that we have to pay for a map update on our cars when the maps they came with were circa 2015 or so.

Far as I'm concerned the maps should be up to date as of your purchase date. And if the maps are out of date with no update available Ford should owe you one free update down the road.
Not to mention map updates are free for life on all the major navigation maps ( Google maps, apple maps, and Waze )

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Got my car back yesterday. Version 3 finally! Love the little RS logo on startup. Dealer set me up with a rental car for the week and a half they had my car. For sure makes you appreciate the car more after spending time in a corolla.
I just wanted to give a shout out to I believe his name is great white buffalo for selling me my extended warranty. And yes nick, they refunded me the $ and didn’t charge me a deductible for my troubles. Now I can install my Apple CarPlay :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
For the RS you go to: Ford - Sync3 Map Update

You type in your VIN and ESN. I did and it told me my map upgrade is free and I followed the instructions.

You can opt on them shipping you a thumb drive and that'll cost you, but if you just follow the download and upgrade guide it's free.

Another way is to upgrade your Sync with the map by following this thread:

A question about that, if you go through the ford owner website and use their files, you get version 3.0 but if you use the instructions and link in that video you get version 3.4 (with a mustang logo on startup?).

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
The mustang logo only shows up at the flashing process, not everytime.

the unofficial upgrade will get you to 3.4.

Reactions: VaderRS
21 - 25 of 25 Posts