Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I had Suntek PPF Ultra installed on the front of my RS last week. So far looks great!! Does anyone have any suggestions for what to use to clean the PPF? My installer recommended just normal washing and use of some synthetic wax. He recommended Turtle Wax ICE, which is what I am currently using on the PPF. Just wanted to get a second opinion :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I went with the Suntek PPF as well and my installer said the same thing. Normal wash and preferably synthetic wax. XPEL however makes a sealant specifically for the protective films that my shop used on mine when installed. They also gave me a sample but I have not had the car long enough to reapply. It seems to yield the same results as a good synthetic wax on the rest of the car.

XPEL Paint Protection Film Sealant (2 oz) - XPEL

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with the Suntek PPF as well and my installer said the same thing. Normal wash and preferably synthetic wax. XPEL however makes a sealant specifically for the protective films that my shop used on mine when installed. They also gave me a sample but I have not had the car long enough to reapply. It seems to yield the same results as a good synthetic wax on the rest of the car.

XPEL Paint Protection Film Sealant (2 oz) - XPEL
A friend of mine also got Xpel and is testing out that sealant. Maybe I will give that a try as well. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts