Ford Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

Registered
Picked up the Covercraft as well. Only comment is that it's actually just a tad not wide enough to fully fill the winshield horizontally. It is notably tall enough to actually wedge into the window against the headliner in a way that removes the need for using the sun visor to hold it up.

Reactions: Crystals

Registered
got this from the dealer when i bought the car...made for focus..$30
that covercraft looks like it has a little weight to it?
I can compare it to the generic silver covers you get from AA/AZ for $15. Those are too wide for our windshields, they are not long enough either. They are also floppy and light. By comparison Covercraft feels easily twice as heavy, maybe more - I can do weight measurements if curious. It is rigid and each fold is a separate solid panel connected to the next by the accordion. It has the correct height for our winshield, with little space left top and bottom - it is in fact like I said in my previous post long enough to be wedged against the headliner without requiring further support if you angle it right. Width-wise, I would say it's about an inch or two too narrow, but that doesn't leave too much room. Still, the perfectionist in me was hoping it would be snug all around.

As an aside, I never realized how much of a difference something like this can make! When I get into my car during the summer day, it's surely hot, but comfortably hot - not "I am sitting in an oven" hot. Seats are warm and comfy and not searing exposed skin, steering wheel is shade-temperature, not lava. Gotta be careful handling the shield though while taking it down, because that sucker does get hot instead!

Registered
got this from the dealer when i bought the car...made for focus..$30
that covercraft looks like it has a little weight to it?
Oh I wonder if the rollup is this one:
Or maybe one of these:

Though they both look kinda the same. Same design: rollup. I've actually thought of getting the Heatshield side-window shades as you can purchase them without the front. They suction onto the side windows. I could throw them on the side that is always exposed to the sun.

Registered
There are pros and cons to everything. I drove a long time with these curtains. So:
Visibility is a little worse, as with tinting, but it's rather not so terrible because you're not hot.
Police often stop, but they probably wonder where I bought the blinds.
And there is no way to pay for a windshield wash (the guy always offers). I refuse. The guy washes the car for free.
There are not many minuses generally, but it is not hot.
Oops, this is where I bought curtains https://snapshades.com.au/car-sun-protection-for-infants/

Super Moderator
I just want to cross reference this thread here, WeatherTech does offer full shade:

41 - 48 of 48 Posts