Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
this this this this this ^^^^^^

COVERCRAFT.

I fold mine up and throw it on the floor behind the passenger seat. It is long and stretches over so you won't fit it if you have passengers in back... but if it's hot enough to be using the sun shade it's hot enough to roll down your windows and throw it in the hatch if you want to take it down and let some air into the interior.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Get a Covercraft Sun Shade. Cut specifically for your car so it fits like a glove. Here's a forum member who has one. I also have one on my RS but here's a photo in the wild. And I have them on all my cars. My Raptor is below.

Will the uvs100 still work if I get a dash cam? Or do I want the flex sun shade?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
823 Posts
Probably will sound dumb, but what all are the benefits of using a sunshade anyway? I know keeping out heat, but do they really help a lot with preventing the interior from fading, as I've also seen people say?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Of course it helps from fading. What do you think causes fading? UV my brother. What are sun tan lotions rated for? The amount of UV protection it provides. If you throw a barrier between your dash and the UV then the barrier will take the beating and not your dash.

Probably will sound dumb, but what all are the benefits of using a sunshade anyway? I know keeping out heat, but do they really help a lot with preventing the interior from fading, as I've also seen people say?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Of course it helps from fading. What do you think causes fading? UV my brother. What are sun tan lotions rated for? The amount of UV protection it provides. If you throw a barrier between your dash and the UV then the barrier will take the beating and not your dash.
I wasn't sure if that was the main reasoning behind them or what haha Probably going to pick one up for the RS, as its going to take its place along side the T-bird as my new baby. The T-bird is garage kept though so I've never worried about it, and my Mazda3... well just never gave much thought into UV damage until recently.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just picked up a Covercraft shade from Autoanything.com. They run 10% off and free shipping on these things, so it ended up being ~$53 to my door.
Thanks for the tip, I just bought one from there as well. I didn't have one on my ST and noticed that after 2 years the dash was starting to bubble in some spots. I definitely want to avoid that with the RS.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just picked up a Covercraft shade from Autoanything.com. They run 10% off and free shipping on these things, so it ended up being ~$53 to my door.
Were you able to select RS in the menu? I was only able to select 2016 Ford Focus. They did not have any models to choose. I'm wondering if I order it would it still fit the RS because I can't specify RS.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Get a Covercraft Sun Shade. Cut specifically for your car so it fits like a glove. Here's a forum member who has one. I also have one on my RS but here's a photo in the wild. And I have them on all my cars. My Raptor is below.

That looks amazing. I'm sold. Thanks for the picture. I bought some 5 buck shade from autozone that looks every penny I paid for it. Does the job so I wasn't picky until I saw the fit of your shade.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Any chance someone with a Covercraft could let me know the height measurement? I'm trying to decide if my old EvoX shade is shorter or not. It fits well, but frankly could use an extra inch or two to be perfect. I'm hoping the one "made for the focus" fits that bill.

Thanks

21 - 40 of 48 Posts