591 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Reactions: Sirjinx

·
Registered
591 Posts
This one you linked is the exact one that fits? I added my car to their garage on site but then there is no sun shade offered for ford focus.
Click "Add to Cart" and it should present you with options to select your car.

Text Line Font Parallel Number

·
Registered
591 Posts
For 2016 it works. Doesn't work for 2017. I am assuming the fit would be the same between 2016 and 2017 RS??
I would think 'yes'. The mirror is the same as the 2017 STs now as far as I understand.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Silly question but where do you guys store this when not in use? In the hatch? Backseat?

I personally am OCD about having loose items in my car, and hate clutter. But I also hate hot cars and cracked dashboards, so I want to hop on this train.

Just trying to see how small it folds up and where it can be stored and easily accessed. Kinda don't want to have to get out, open the hatch, grab the shade, close the hatch, get back in the car, install the shade, and get back out again every time...ya know?

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Silly question but where do you guys store this when not in use? In the hatch? Backseat?

I personally am OCD about having loose items in my car, and hate clutter. But I also hate hot cars and cracked dashboards, so I want to hop on this train.

Just trying to see how small it folds up and where it can be stored and easily accessed. Kinda don't want to have to get out, open the hatch, grab the shade, close the hatch, get back in the car, install the shade, and get back out again every time...ya know?
Yeah, it's a hassle retrieving my grey poupon from the hatch. This is why I mostly use my driver for such menial tasks :D

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Hey! I said it was a silly question!

Besides, you know that's a PITA, even if I did phrase it like I'm super entitled.
I can't test if it will work in the RS, but in my forester I would just fold up the visor and pinch it between the passenger seat and center console. So it would be by a passengers left leg.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Hey! I said it was a silly question!

Besides, you know that's a PITA, even if I did phrase it like I'm super entitled.
It's really not a PITA, throw it in the rear floorboard. Or get smart and have the clear tint put on the windshield like some of us and you won't need a sunshade.

·
Registered
510 Posts
It's really not a PITA, throw it in the rear floorboard. Or get smart and have the clear tint put on the windshield like some of us and you won't need a sunshade.
RS is my daily, and I went through 5 windshields in 3.5 years with my last DD. Wasn't keen on tinting the front glass until I see how it holds up. Though, so far, it's taken 2 solid rock strikes and barely a scratch.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Heatshield works very well. Fit is perfect, edge to edge and rolls up pretty tight. Cost is about $55 shipped. Comes in silver or gold if you prefer that "grey poupon fancy look". I've used them in my last 4 vehicles. As for stowing it when not in use, just stash in the passenger footwell. Doesn't really move around. I also have ceramic tint on the windshield, but still allows some heat through, especially on those great 100+ degree days.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts