Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
221 Posts
Make the trade, best time to sell a Focus RS right now. Get what you want.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I wouldn't swear to it, but I imagine the sunroof is common to all the other MK3 Focuses [or is the plural Foci? :)], as well as Fiestas, and Fusions. Your dealer's body shop should be able to clarify the issue for you.

STI??!! GASP!!! Good luck with whatever way you end up going!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I was at the Subaru dealer a few weeks ago and to have one without the wing on the back requires you to order one and it was right at msrp $42,850 or somthing like that. But they had 3 on the lot and refused to let me test drive one so I ended up leaving.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Not to side track the thread, but I don't know if I will consider getting an STI to replace an RS.

Not being bias since i have an RS, but I also can't imagine trading in my Evos (when I had them) for an STI.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It’s my only car and I’ve had countless weird issues most of which I think was because of the battery on the way out. I’ve had a front strut replaced once and it’s already blown and needs to be replaced again. And just yestorday the matte black paint on some of the interior trim pieces bubbled up and I had to scrape it off.
I have no problems keeping the car but trade in is around 7-8k more than I paid for it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You...want an STI? I'm with Nick on this one. Sti bottom of the barrel when it comes to AWD turbo 4's

As for the seal, I'd go to a glass place and see if they could just repair that.
When I had strut replaced last year I had the dealer look at sunroof and they said Ford doesn’t sell just the weather stripping you have to buy the glass and all and it was like $990 and they told me to not worry about it, but now it’s leaking a bit and whistling when going about 50mph. I just assumed it would be cheaper to go pull one out of a junkyard for $50-100. It’s only 4 screws holding it on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Should buy a mitsubishi if you're worried about daily-ability with the most insane warranty in the game.
More of just worried about future issues being beyond my capabilities to fix. The only reason I had the dealer do the strut was because I didn’t feel like working on a car I had bought a month before.

·
Registered
Sept/2016
343 Posts
I mean if it was me personally, I'd fix that with some silicone, or take it to a glass place that works on this stuff all the time.
Or you know, the logical route and trade the car in for an STI

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Not sure if its logical to trade for an STI. the fix would be.

But it's not my car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol the reason I’d trade it is because its worth more than I paid for it. I can get a used glass with the weather striping off eBay for like $170 shipped and it’s probably take less than an hour to swap out. But it would probably be $100 or less from the you pick junkyard near me.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
is the Ebay one new?

for $70 diff I would get if from Ebay.

Check an auto glass shop as suggested, it might be cheaper.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No it’s used. I was just hoping it’s used on different models so I don’t have to spend a few hours walking around the junkyard in heat and humidity looking for a 2013+ focus with a sunroof that’s useable.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you, that’s exactly what I was looking for. I tried googling the part number on the glass but only got 8 results and half of them were in Russian.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thank you, that’s exactly what I was looking for. I tried googling the part number on the glass but only got 8 results and half of them were in Russian.
You should read this in a cheesy eastern euro accent.

Hello! I am Nikolai; from Kiev! I have motorparts beeznez in Kiev, and Moskva. I run with my brother, Boris; he eez ex Spetznaz from old days; xpurt mechaneest tu. We feex many motors; all different kinds, red, black, green , sometimes taupe! We feex yur motor tu. Feex it better than nu! For leettle money! Give me yur kredit kard and bahnk eenformashun, to start xpurt feex prosess. Warenty ALL feex prosesses! Trust me! Thanks you! Nikolai, yur frend!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts