Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just finished my sub upgrade. I commute once a week from OKC to Dallas so I roll with a full size spare hoping I don’t miss work for tire mishaps. I didn’t want to take up the rest of the trunk space for a sub box so I found the JBL BassPro Hub to fit inside the spare. I used the AP4-FD21 and a 10 gauge amplifier install kit and grounded the powered sub on the stock sub mounting bracket post. No cutting wires or foam modification necessary. On another note, if you roll with a spare, swap all your stock lug nuts for full steel nuts. Found out the hard way the stock lug nuts swell and you can’t get them off with a standard wrench. Mine were so bad the tire shop was cursing trying to get the swelled nuts off. Here are the finished pics:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Awesome idea just don't know how I would feel about most of my hatch space being taken up... How does it sound?

As for the lugs, that's a very common problem and should be one of the first things you 'mod'. My personal choice was the Muteki SR48 Open Ended lugs in blue. You just need a long 17mm socket to get them off which I've had 1 shop complain about.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Out of curiosity, does the BassPro Hub have similar dimensions to where the stock subwoofer sits in the foam tray under the hatch floor carpet? I'm looking into upgrading the ****ty stock sub and this seems like it could be perfect if the dimensions are close enough to make it work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts