Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My previous car, an ST, had a useless storage pocket on the left side of the shifter, fit almost nothing. On the RS the storage area moved to in front of the shifter and is larger but still wont fit a smart phone. Phone still lives in the cup holder. Is there an aftermarket larger bezel for that pocket in the RS? Has anyone modified that area to be a bit larger?

·
Registered
389 Posts
My previous car, an ST, had a useless storage pocket on the left side of the shifter, fit almost nothing. On the RS the storage area moved to in front of the shifter and is larger but still wont fit a smart phone. Phone still lives in the cup holder. Is there an aftermarket larger bezel for that pocket in the RS? Has anyone modified that area to be a bit larger?
i keep a pen comb and business cards in there, but they all fly out when i drive like an asshole anyways, so yeah. useless storage hole.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I keep chapstick there. Put it lengthways and it rolls annoyingly side to side with every turn. Put it width ways and it rolls out when I hit boost. Idiotic storage space

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yes, apparently the advent of the smartphone caught Ford entirely off guard :rollseyes: I have an idea of how to make a mount that can hook in the cupholder space, but I haven't had a chance to prototype it or look for existing ones yet.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
This is also where I put my pocket p*****, protector.... my pocket pen protector!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Used to keep cigs and a lighter there (never smoked in the car), but have since quit and keep a vape and parking garage tickets in it. Really all its good for.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
I use the door pocket for my phone. It's just as easy to reach.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Good point, I just use mine as a phone.

·
Registered
136 Posts
it's always been the cupholder for me. although apparently they are supposed to be changing the distracted driving laws here to make it so that if your phone is even within view or reach of the driver then you can get a ticket for it. so I might have to find somewhere new.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I was looking at this cuz wireless charging isa nice thing to have. But ultimately Android auto is nicer to have, so it would be a bit pointless. If you have the Euro cup holder the closed lid is a nice place to put the phone. Otherwise you can just tuck it next to the hand brake.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Someone on here cut out the USB so a smart phone could fit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 48 Posts