Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a handful track days and a few autocrosses, my stock pads are at the end of their life cycle on my 9000 mile RS. I was looking into getting a better hybrid pad for both street and track - I looked into EBC yellows and Mountune brake pads - both seem to be better than OEM, but then I stumbled upon StopTech 309.19770 here.

Has anyone given these a go? The price is quite low compared to EBC's or Mountune's.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: since my last post, I took my car to COTA and squeezed out every last bit of life left on my OEM pads/rotors (stopping from 130mph+ to 40 a few times will do that!). Figured I'd bite the bullet and go for the SpotTech 309's all the way around - autoplicity.com had them for even cheaper than TireRack. Something like $68 for the front, $45 for the rear. I also got their slotted rotors.

Install was a cinch, everything lined up perfectly. Followed StopTech's bed-in procedure. So far, so good. No squealing, good initial bite, a bit dusty. They feel very much like the OEM pads. I'll try to get them on a track soon to see how they hold up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
1 Participant
meelaud
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing