Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a handful track days and a few autocrosses, my stock pads are at the end of their life cycle on my 9000 mile RS. I was looking into getting a better hybrid pad for both street and track - I looked into EBC yellows and Mountune brake pads - both seem to be better than OEM, but then I stumbled upon StopTech 309.19770 here.

Has anyone given these a go? The price is quite low compared to EBC's or Mountune's.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: since my last post, I took my car to COTA and squeezed out every last bit of life left on my OEM pads/rotors (stopping from 130mph+ to 40 a few times will do that!). Figured I'd bite the bullet and go for the SpotTech 309's all the way around - autoplicity.com had them for even cheaper than TireRack. Something like $68 for the front, $45 for the rear. I also got their slotted rotors.

Install was a cinch, everything lined up perfectly. Followed StopTech's bed-in procedure. So far, so good. No squealing, good initial bite, a bit dusty. They feel very much like the OEM pads. I'll try to get them on a track soon to see how they hold up.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
finally had some time to take try the Stoptech 309's on a track - this was a short track (sub 40 seconds, two decent quick braking zones). overall, they performed better than the OEM pads. they feel very much like the OEM pads, but with slightly better initial bite. with the OEM pads, i'd start getting brake fade halfway through a 25-minute session, with the 309's, there was no noticeable fade, consistent reliable braking lap after lap. the initial bite remained consistent too. i'm hoping to do another track day at COTA at the end of the year - that will be the ultimate test i feel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts