Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my RS with a one-off custom air intake. It looks legit(see pic) and runs well other than a bit of whistle at start-up and low RPM. My car is not tuned. I'm wondering if I should keep it or put the stock back in. I'm not planning to the car for a couple of years(once I pay it off). When I got the car it was 16.8 Avr MPG and I've got it up to 20.9. I do drive the car aggressively. But only for short spurts and not every day. I feel like I should get better MPG and be thinking I should put the stock intake back on.

Thanks for the help.

Car Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive battery
Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

·
Premium Member
8,180 Posts
whistle is normal due to the air filter.

I don't think you need to put it back to stock.

I would say, clean the filter, clean the air sensor.

Check the spark plug and see you MPG change.

The most I got from mine is 27 avg mpg and its like driving Ms. Daisy, most boring week of driving I ever had.

But my typical avg mpg is 20-22 mpg.

Reactions: Adam Potenza

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
My trip 2 history has not been reset in a very long time…most likely 1+year…shows 12.4L/100km, I usually average between 12-12.5L/100km which equals to 19-20mpg.

So your average seems right like other have said already. I tried running better average on a few tanks, I always screwed it up good at some point! I enjoy this car top much to worry about it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the feedback! I'll keep the intake. I'll put a new air filter and senser The car only has 10k on it so I hopefully don't have to do anything with spark plugs.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
this will get rid of the Coke Bottle Whistle noise

or

Mountune and Cobb also have one, but at least when i bought mine, Revo was the cheapest

while your at it if you dont have one of these, get one IMO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts