Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if any of you guys have an issue with the next/skip button on the steering wheel when on apple carplay. Sometimes when I'm playing music thru amazon music the skip button doesn't skip to next song. I also noticed the volume button on the wheel works, however the display on the screen does not show the volume dial.

I am not sure if this is an amazon app issue, or carplay, or sync 3 issue. I'll disconnect the iphone and plug it back in, and it still won't work.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
I don't have any issues with the functionality when using either Apple Music or Spotify

If you are trying to figure out if it's the Amazon Music app, CarPlay or the radio itself wouldn't you try other things (FM radio, music from other apps, etc)

·
Registered
313 Posts
sometimes when i use the audiobooks.com app on carplay the seek button doesnt work. im not sure if its due to my old version of ios or if i need to update carplay but it does seem buggy at times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No issue with button when changing radio station. I haven't had an issue with apple music. But don't use it often.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I occasionally can't answer the phone using the steering wheel button. Using Android Auto thought so I don't think the problem is CarPlay exclusive.

Reactions: jerry.RSosa
1 - 5 of 5 Posts