Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
You did, I think there are a few but had to learn about the system enough to understand what you were saying and I wasn't sure where'd I get a +12V supply. Now I'm realizing the that kit they provide has a +12V supply and I can send ground through pin 10 with the whole A pillar. Any idea for easy access to the entry connector for the clockspring? I may have to route this through the steering column. I'll take it apart this week and get a good look. I can't quite tell what the mustang guys did.

·
Premium Member
3,740 Posts
Okay, googling some stuff from OHC motors it looks like I need to pass +12V dedicated through the clockspring. Should be doable, but I'll have to test for continuity myself. Looks like a real involved process. I'll report back once I figure out how to do it.

That is more or less my suggestion, find an unused pin where the steering wheel harness connects to the clock spring and then find where on that pin (if anywhere) is connected. I don't think the RS and Mustang part are the same, so I have no idea if the pins used by them are even an option for us.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wanted to get this device into my car this morning for vacation and completely figured out how to wire the system but broke the board when making the connections (no idea how). Looks like I've got to order another shift light board but I think the 12V thing is solved at least. It won't be here until February.

Here is the company and here is a real installation video for the Focus RS. You have to take apart the steering column to get to input for the clockspring and the +12V has to come from the Pro P100 for our cars (and it looks like for Ford in general).

21 - 23 of 23 Posts