Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, i just got my 2016 RS last week and I have to say, I freaking love it.

Does anyone here have any experience with the Steeda heel toe pedal set? If so, do you feel that it would be helped by a pedal spacer or is it fine by itself?

Anyways, glad to be here and any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Tableware Rectangle Font Auto part Tool
Tableware Rectangle Font Auto part Tool
Automotive lighting Gadget Bumper Automotive exterior Grille

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
No experience with the steeda pedals you have there (I have the ghetto gas pedal cover), but the RS definitely could use a wider throttle pedal to make up for the not-so-ideal pedal placement, specially if you are planning on doing any sort of track driving or heel-toe'ing.

I always discourage folks from getting a pedal spacer since it always places the gas pedal way too high. In practice, if your foot is deep enough in the brakes, you don't need a spacer.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That pedal setup looks dangerous because the spacing brake to gas/accelerator pedal is too small (our regs state 50mm minimum). Having said that, I have slightly wider pedal cover on the accelerator pedal only, and that solves the heel/toe problem without a spacer. As BigFatFlip said, in practice when you need to heel/toe (hard driving) you don't need the spacer because you should be deep onto the brake.

·
Registered
239 Posts
You don't need it. Under hard braking, the brake pedal is flush with the gas. My bigger worry is that the gas pedal arm is plastic, and heel-toe can sometimes put some sideways stresses on it. I wonder if you can get a metal gas pedal arm.

·
Registered
310 Posts
No experience with the steeda set, but I have a Razo rp123a gas pedal cover (comes with all 3 pedals, only used gas) and it's perfect with the yourlittlecncshop gas pedal spacer.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Definitely needs a spacer for the street. Not necessary for track, but also not a problem . . .

2 x Danger Will Robinson on your install!

Perhaps hack off the huge tab on the accel pedal

·
Registered
360 Posts
Maybe learn heel and toe? The stock pedal setup is perfect, I never understood the need for any change, spacers and what not. Maybe I should make a video someday lol.

The pictured setup is outright dangerous. Fortunately the PCM has an engine cut-off for those cases where you will floor the throttle while braking.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
I used the gas pedal only…had no issue with the clutch/brake pedal covers and didnt want to drill the metal brake pedal arm! As mentionned above it was too wide. I trimmed the « extension » down until I felt it was safe while still helping out for heel and toe.

I use a spacer on street (home made out of 3/8in thick hdpe type material) but removed it on my track days as it was not needed under heavy/repeated braking on track.

Sorry the only picture I have of the pedal after trimming is a bad one I took for warranty claim on my floormats but you can tell the gap is way to small without modification to be safe on the street on the initial picture before trimming. Even with regular shoes it felt like I would eventually hit the gas while braking…wouldnt have been fun to drive with winter boots on!

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
imo, it's not so much the distance but the height of the brake pedal. I just know to contort my rt foot to make it happen.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Sparco has a similar set; I used them on my ST and the RS.

I know the brake isn't straight; it's damned hard to drill through.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts