Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RS.jpg

by Andrei Tutu, 16 June 2015

Some people like to believe the Carlisle Ford Nationals is the sort of event you can label under “Mustang meet”. Well, the 2015 edition, which took place earlier this month, dis away with such misconceptions.

Sure, we’ve used the occasion to talk about the Shelby GT350R’s eviscerating exhaust sound, but we’re back on the topic to talk about the 2016 Focus RS a little bit.

Just like it did back in January at the Detroit Motor Show, Ford Performance put on a monster show at the event. Part of this was to drive people around in the new RS. Nevertheless, the clutch seems to have been a bit of an issue over the event.

The representative who was driving the Focus RS stalled the engine while attempting to take off indoors. However, the audience quickly went over this, showing just how cool the hot hatch is.

The clip below offers us a pretty good view of the 2015 Ford Nationals event. And if you’re not willing to watch the entire video, you can skip to the 3:40 mark for the oops moment.

Later on in the clip, an incline causes a Mustang driver to have similar issues, as you can see at the 10:25 mark. Still, you should dip into the complete experience, since the footage hides many sweet rides, be they official or not.

These moments only come to show Ford Performance’s stick shift offensive is more than welcome, since one can never be overeducated in terms of driving.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Watched those videos last night in my hot tub for far too long. I am still a prune lol. That stealth gray is growing on me. Ide like to see it in person so if someone can find a paint code I could spray it out at work.
Update: 2016 Ford Focus RS Revealed: 345-HP 2.3L EcoBoost and AWD w/ Torque Vectoring, $37,850 | HorsepowerKings.com
Increased output is generated by a new low-inertia twin-scroll turbocharger with larger compressor that delivers significantly greater airflow, along with a much bigger intercooler to maximize charge density. Engine breathing is enhanced through a less restrictive intake design, and a large-bore high-performance exhaust system with an electronically controlled valve in the tailpipe that helps optimize the balance of back pressure and noise output.
This has bugged me to no end since the first time I read it. Someone in Ford marketing should be shot for releasing a statement like this. Back pressure and turbo should not be used in the same sentence, unless it is to say that you want no backpressure. This isn't a NA engine for chrissakes.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Increased output is generated by a new low-inertia twin-scroll turbocharger with larger compressor that delivers significantly greater airflow, along with a much bigger intercooler to maximize charge density. Engine breathing is enhanced through a less restrictive intake design, and a large-bore high-performance exhaust system with an electronically controlled valve in the tailpipe that helps optimize the balance of back pressure and noise output.

This has bugged me to no end since the first time I read it. Someone in Ford marketing should be shot for releasing a statement like this. Back pressure and turbo should not be used in the same sentence, unless it is to say that you want no backpressure. This isn't a NA engine for chrissakes.
TuxedoST3,

Take it with a grain of salt, when the PR and marketing guys get off script they don't necessarily speak with complete intelligence and knowledge.

wcroswell

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's the current price for a current ST3 loaded?

If the FoRS is WAY above that in price and $45K is a reality, Ford lost me and I'll be looking for a used one a year or so later or I'll look elsewhere.

·
Registered
97 Posts
What's the current price for a current ST3 loaded?

If the FoRS is WAY above that in price and $45K is a reality, Ford lost me and I'll be looking for a used one a year or so later or I'll look elsewhere.
I think a 15 st3 is $25k or $26k

I agree for that price range i can get something better, maybe STI, Subaru has been doing the AWD game for decades now, Ford just now started, asking that much for a RS is not wise, heck the STI is cheaper

·
Registered
79 Posts
Pricing the RS near what a base gt350 can be had on invoice? Way too much. For one it'll basically come loaded as we will only be getting a few options to choose from and its rivals won't be even close to that. Ford would be foolish to price it that high.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Hey guys I just heard from XYZ that's it's going to be $65,000e^9999

I"ll never pay that for a FOCUS!!!

I can buy ∞ STis for that much!

IS FORD CRAzY!!?!11!!?!

What ARE THEY THINKING!!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!

·
Registered
222 Posts

I agree for that price range i can get something better, maybe STI, Subaru has been doing the AWD game for decades now, Ford just now started, asking that much for a RS is not wise, heck the STI is cheaper
Depending on the dealer and time on the lot, $26k is about what I payed for my 2013 ST3 in June of 2013. Keep in mind the sticker then was, and they are now, over $30k so...............

·
Registered
203 Posts

So you are equating the Subaru AWD to the new RS AWD - Don't agree, big difference.

"heck the STI is cheaper" ... and most of the time you get what you pay for.

Yes, if you want a cheaper car, by all means get the STI.

But me, I think the RS will be far superior and worth what it costs. ...and at least right now the RS price is still pure speculation :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
So you are equating the Subaru AWD to the new RS AWD - Don't agree, big difference.

"heck the STI is cheaper" ... and most of the time you get what you pay for.

Yes, if you want a cheaper car, by all means get the STI.

But me, I think the RS will be far superior and worth what it costs. ...and at least right now the RS price is still pure speculation :D
I have owned a 2011 STI, that car by no means is cheap, the rental interior yes, but the car as a whole is not cheap, not sure what you mean by saying the STI is cheap car.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have owned a 2011 STI, that car by no means is cheap, the rental interior yes, but the car as a whole is not cheap, not sure what you mean by saying the STI is cheap car.
FWD_LOL those were your words " ....heck , the STI is still cheaper " :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts