Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just sat in a brand new 2017 ST2 again today and the seats definitely seem more comfortable to me!? I feel like I'm in the seat more than the RS. In the RS my legs seem to be on the bolsters instead of in between them. Even the side back bolsters seem a little different to me. Could it be because of the leather in different spots? They should be the same dimensions right? I'm about to get a tape measure! Anyone coming from an ST2 have similar thoughts?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
So I just sat in a brand new 2017 ST2 again today and the seats definitely seem more comfortable to me!? I feel like I'm in the seat more than the RS. In the RS my legs seem to be on the bolsters instead of in between them. Even the side back bolsters seem a little different to me. Could it be because of the leather in different spots? They should be the same dimensions right? I'm about to get a tape measure! Anyone coming from an ST2 have similar thoughts?
I've spoken to several people coming from STs and every single one of them has said that the RS seat bottoms are wider (and significantly more comfortable) than the ST ones but that is the only difference between them. I've spent some time in the ST seats as well, but I don't really remember them well enough to comment. If it matters, the weights of those friends range from 130 to 230 lbs.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm 6' 186 and more on the slim build side. I definitely feel the ST seat bottoms are noticeably wider. I feel like a crazy person!

·
Registered
258 Posts
The RS seat bottoms do feel slightly wider than my '13 ST seats. Could be mental, I'm not certain haha. The side bolsters feel about the same though

·
Registered
10 Posts
The seats in our '17 RS are much more comfortable than the '16 ST Recaros. Those were pelvis crushers. RS seats fit much better.

·
Registered
900 Posts
someone please for the love all things RS get a tape measure and write down dimensions, then @Hoonigan can sticky it, and we can reduce forum clutter by .0004% :)
... seriously though, i'm curious. I liked the recaro optional seats when i sat in them briefly a few years ago in an ST. A friend who now has an RS actually got the drive that car, and hated those seats with a passion, he has a bad back and found them uncomfortable. He loves the RS seats.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
I prefer my 2013 ST2 seats over my 2016 RS2 seats, so much that I've considered seeing if the ST2 seats could be retrofitted into the RS. Plus whether or not they sit lower than the RS2's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I feel the same way. Just took delivery of my 2017 RS3 and found that the bolsters on the rs seats are tighter just above my kidneys, compared to the ST seats.

I'm pretty sure they have the exact same mounting points.

·
Registered
16 Posts
someone please for the love all things RS get a tape measure and write down dimensions, then @Hoonigan can sticky it, and we can reduce forum clutter by .0004%

... seriously though, i'm curious. I liked the recaro optional seats when i sat in them briefly a few years ago in an ST. A friend who now has an RS actually got the drive that car, and hated those seats with a passion, he has a bad back and found them uncomfortable. He loves the RS seats.
I'll get a measuring tape and measure my 2013 st3 seats, compared to the RS3 seats.
Will keep you "posted".

·
Registered
16 Posts
I prefer my 2013 ST2 seats over my 2016 RS2 seats, so much that I've considered seeing if the ST2 seats could be retrofitted into the RS. Plus whether or not they sit lower than the RS2's.
I feel the same way. Just took delivery of my 2017 RS3 and found that the bolsters on the rs seats are tighter just above my kidneys, compared to the ST seats.

I'm pretty sure they have the exact same mounting points.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Just checked:

The 2013 ST2 and 2016 RS2 seat have the same dimensions.

12 inches between the bolsters in the front

11 1/2 inches between the bolsters in the rear

The widest part of the seats (outer edge of the bolsters in the front) 19 1/2 inches.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
That jives with my own assperience.

Though some days I fit like a glove. Others, I just can't get comfortable in the seat. I assume its down to the Jeans I'm wearing that day.

Reactions: fourZero

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
There is no RS3 package, at least on the Ford site for 2017 builds. Maybe typing error?

Reactions: Mxracer78

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
I've never sat in a ST2 seat before. I've sat in the standard ST1 seat, and my ST3 seats were supportive but hard as a rock. the RS2 seats are much softer than the ST3 seats.

I guess I should sit in a RS1 for comparison.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Me as a 246lbs person, they all feels the same XD LOL

I do wonder if I am able to fit Recaro Sportster CS with heated seats in this my RS, since the Recaro Sporster looks exact like those european recaro shells and also they come with heated seatsm but I do want to keep the function of those airbags thou. any one have any ideas?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts