Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into the current ST harness bars and saw the "TrackSTer"'s bar. Why not position it behind the rear seats? Do the ST rear seats not fold down like the titanium? I plan to use my car for daily duty alot and have a couple kids, so a fixed bar between the back seat and the front is out. I could live with the bar like "TrackSTer" is setup, if pinned removable bar is up to SCCA code.

Ideally if the rear seats fold down I would want the bar just behind the back seat and shoulder harnesses with adjusters and buckles that fit through the guides on the seat so that when I'm done racing for the weekend, or the day even, I could just feed the harnesses through the seat and lay them in the back and put the back seats back up.

Again, plenty of time to look while waiting for the RS.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was looking into the current ST harness bars and saw the "TrackSTer"'s bar. Why not position it behind the rear seats? Do the ST rear seats not fold down like the titanium? I plan to use my car for daily duty alot and have a couple kids, so a fixed bar between the back seat and the front is out. I could live with the bar like "TrackSTer" is setup, if pinned removable bar is up to SCCA code.

Ideally if the rear seats fold down I would want the bar just behind the back seat and shoulder harnesses with adjusters and buckles that fit through the guides on the seat so that when I'm done racing for the weekend, or the day even, I could just feed the harnesses through the seat and lay them in the back and put the back seats back up.

Again, plenty of time to look while waiting for the RS.
The harness ready seats won't be available in the US.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure about that, not sure how you can be sure. So far every picture I've seen that shows the seats has harness guides. Ford stated that in some markets there will be more sporty seats also available. Had they said "these sporty seats are will be only for select markets as an option" I'll lean to no harness guides. But maybe they will not. I know the Eco Boost Mustang has optional seats with harness guides in the US, I was thinking this was the base seat for the RS, with the option being more aggressive. Again, we'll know for sure when Ford starts letting more official information out.

But still, the topic of the harness bar continues, regardless of if the front seats come with harness guides due to how easy it is to change the seats.

·
Vendor
76 Posts
It doesn't matter what car you have. The harness bar makes it so you can't recline the seats. Most Harness bars have a way to unbolt them from the installation points so you don't have to uninstall it to take it out if you needed to recline the seat.

They have harness that will bolt to factory belt mounting points so you don't even need a harness bar with those. Checkout Scroth Rally three and four harnesses.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
When you say recline, are you talking about the front or rear seat? I was talking about if the harness bar could be behind the rear seat, I would just have to fold the rear seats down to use it. Or is that too far from the front seat? If behind the rear seat I could actually have the bar fixed and not worry about removing it to have rear passengers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts