Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Interesting. I saw a Mk2 RS in the same color at a Mid Ohio race years ago. I wonder how they're here since that platform and chassis were never sold in this country and it's obviously not 25 years old yet.

Or, if I looked closer I would have seen the manufacturer's plates.

IMG_20120804_155249.jpg

Probably not the same car, but maybe.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Can't beat that 5 cylinder noise.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not to hard to do if you know what you're doing and know how to fill out all the paperwork. As a manufacturer even easier with somewhat different rules. Don't know if it's changed much in the last 10-15 years but back then you could bring just about any car or truck into the states and make it road legal. On the down side it could only be for about a year (under the guise of for testing and development) and then had to be destroyed or shipped back if I remember correctly. There were some other grey market loopholes and the possibility of federal certification retrofit. Like they did with the 959's eventually making them exempt from crash testing. Passage of the show and display law in 2001 also helped loosen things up a bit. I worked for Jaguar and live around the corner from both BMW and Mercedes North American headquarters. You would not believe some of the Euro spec only stuff I see on the road or even parked at a McDonalds...lol.

·
Registered
473 Posts
That is so Cool!!! With the RS being release into the wild we will soon be taken off the endanger species list. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think they were actually sold in the Mexican market not 100% sure though. Thought I saw one for sale a few months back that orienated from mexico

1 - 7 of 7 Posts