61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Ok air was next suggestion

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Air leak of some kind a broken clip is usually favourite where it’s worn or been over tightened slightly or not tightened at all

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
think the key is more not to overtighten them and if regularly removed and refitted use a new clamp, theyre not expensive

Reactions: big jim

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
my dad and i installed the pcv can and breather plate years ago. he suggested we use a different clamp on the cold side pipe (@ the TB). very 1st good throttle push knocked that thing off instantly.
it was a proper (told you so) moment. but i didnt say anything :LOL:

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
i used Radium cans and theyre mostly AN fittings

Reactions: mexrs

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
As in a boost leak? Another theory I was told was maybe condensation inside intercooler after holding steady speeds and humid conditions
even a vacuum line off will leak, admittedly not as much as an unclamped boost hose, but its meant to be a closed system. The ecu meters the air and a leak will effectively send it lean as air not just escaping but getting in too, hence the code

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
The KEY to secure boost tubes is CLEAN & DRY connections. If there is oil/grease, blow by, mould release, etc on the pipe or inside the hose it WILL blow off eventually no matter how tight the clamp. I’ve NEVER had any tube, pipe, hose leak or pop off because I make sure every connection is clean and dry before attaching.

I ALWAYS use regular screw-type clamps because you can crush the pipe with those awful bolt-clamps.

Reactions: big jim

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
The KEY to secure boost tubes is CLEAN & DRY connections. If there is oil/grease, blow by, mould release, etc on the pipe or inside the hose it WILL blow off eventually no matter how tight the clamp. I’ve NEVER had any tube, pipe, hose leak or pop off because I make sure every connection is clean and dry before attaching.

I ALWAYS use regular screw-type clamps because you can crush the pipe with those awful bolt-clamps.

My case was user error. I was under the car, removed and reinstalled the section that goes to the throttle body. Forgot to clamp the top clamp as I planned ti do it after dropping the car lol

61 - 70 of 70 Posts