Ford Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Video of your Baby Beast when able...Thanks
Headed to Europe and Egypt, back 20th to resume tuning.

I have been thinking of putting a sport cat in.place of catless downpipe.

is a sport cat just as loud? anyone tested

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I can vouch for going sports cat from OEM. It’s louder than the OEM as it flows more air but wouldn’t think it would be as loud as going catless
sound was perfect untill I ditched oem cat back and put the mountune catback when I had the esslinger crap engine

I only did it at the time because Alex at Stratified told me it was restricting lol. I thought it was odd considering I was on 91oct.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Ryan emailed and we will do a live sesión to finish tuning the 91 oct tune when I return. During the booked time he will be waiting on my logs,to send back and he sends revissions as needed. I just take laptop with me and share wifi from phone.

whp figure I get when I am done with wmi tune. dyno is about 3hr away and at 6000 ft. I'm at 200ish feet.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
whp figure I get when I am done with wmi tune. dyno is about 3hr away and at 6000 ft. I'm at 200ish feet.
as long as your tuning is at where you are normally driving....all good.
i'm glad everything is working out good this time.
i can't wait to do a 2.3 build and re-tune.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
as long as your tuning is at where you are normally driving....all good.
i'm glad everything is working out good this time.
i can't wait to do a 2.3 build and re-tune.
I know I will get lower reading at that altitude... but don't they always give a corrected reading for sea level?

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
I know I will get lower reading at that altitude... but don't they always give a corrected reading for sea level?
i'm not sure about that? they may need to provide you with 2 separate tunes...6k ft tune and sea-level tune. it's not an absolute necessity...but at your level build...it would make sense.

with my tuner...i just asked him for an elevation tune while i was at 5500 ft. he adjusted my current tune on file and sent me the revision (no need for data log run at elevation). when i left that area...i simply uploaded the sea-level tune again.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
i'm not sure about that? they may need to provide you with 2 separate tunes...6k ft tune and sea-level tune. it's not an absolute necessity...but at your level build...it would make sense.

with my tuner...i just asked him for an elevation tune while i was at 5500 ft. he adjusted my current tune on file and sent me the revision (no need for data log run at elevation). when i left that area...i simply uploaded the sea-level tune again.
awesome, good to know🙃

41 - 51 of 51 Posts