Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone thinking about getting a spare tire and wheel for road trips? I am a little leery of the kit under the hatch. Spare might take up some space but beats being stranded on the side of the road. The first 300 km out Yellowknife there is zero cell phone service so calling road side assistance would not be an option. I would be screwed if the flat kit did not work. I had a Fiat Abarth before this car and it was set up the same way as the RS with only the kit under the seat. I would take a spear tire with me on a road trip and then just leave it in the hotel room when I got to my destination. I already saw one thread where the patch kit did not work.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am getting run-flats when time to replace. We take long road trips and like to take the roads less travelled but the thought of a flat tire keeps us on more travelled ones.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Got one! And read the thread MorningZ posted above. Lots of info there.
IMG_0377.JPG

·
Super Moderator
15,705 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I can answer my own question now. JAGUAR S TYPE 18" SPARE TIRE from EBay maybe.
Yes, that's the one. Mine came out of a Buffalo NY junk yard. And you need lug nuts to fit that wheel.

After I got mine all together, I read that a Ford Escape space saver would work, but just on the rear. Probably lots easier to get. I don't have the specifics on that though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It'd be nice if someone offered a spare tire & jack mold kit for under the rear floor.

Spare that fits rear only is fine, you just need to jack the car up twice if you get a flat on the front.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
It'd be nice if someone offered a spare tire & jack mold kit for under the rear floor.

Spare that fits rear only is fine, you just need to jack the car up twice if you get a flat on the front.
Or, install jack rails. Lifts the whole side of the car at once =)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

If you jack it with a normal scissor jack at the approved jacking point it raises both front and rear at once.....

·
Registered
126 Posts
I can answer my own question now. JAGUAR S TYPE 18" SPARE TIRE from EBay maybe.
Got one of those, on the orange wheel, ended up having to buy a new tire from Tire Rack because the one I got was way beyond wrecked. Now I just have to machine some press-in conical lug hole inserts so that I DON'T need to carry a spare set of lug nuts. Too many projects!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Did you fit it to the front?
Which tyre size did you get?

Can't quite remember but 155/85-18?

·
Banned
713 Posts
Got one of those, on the orange wheel, ended up having to buy a new tire from Tire Rack because the one I got was way beyond wrecked. Now I just have to machine some press-in conical lug hole inserts so that I DON'T need to carry a spare set of lug nuts. Too many projects!
I just ordered a Orange spare, the Jaguar-s lug nuts and a Focus Scissors jack. I paid more for a new Orange Jaguar-S spare and new tire, but the tire will be good and it will work if and when I ever need it... pot hole insurance policy ;) :driving:

Okay, I haven't quite had my RS a month ..3 days short and it is nicely broken in 1,350 miles The "Race Red" goes faster :stirpot: (fastest color :stirpot: , just ask the constables and sheriffs;) ) and just begs to be driven :jawdrop: ...and this was with being out-of-pocket 3 days to drive my touring hatchback to an out-of-state funeral.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All of the UK versions of the Ford Focus RS came with a spare tire that fits in the hatch under the mat. I'm currently looking to buy the foam holder and spare tire kit for my 2017 RS along with the OEM roof rack.

·
Registered
52 Posts
All of the UK versions of the Ford Focus RS came with a spare tire that fits in the hatch under the mat. I'm currently looking to buy the foam holder and spare tire kit for my 2017 RS along with the OEM roof rack.
On the Mk3? Are you sure? The UK forums are full of people asking how to retrofit one.

·
Registered
383 Posts
On the Mk3? Are you sure? The UK forums are full of people asking how to retrofit one.
I doubt it. From everything I've seen no mk3 focus RS came out with a spare.

Like mentioned above. So many people enquiry about it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts