Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Nitrous blue RS2 is ordered. DORA in hand. It appears that I am the only member here in the entire state. My dealer only had one allocation. Please post in this thread if you have a RS ordered in SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello MBRS, I should be picking up my DORA this weekend after putting a blue rs2 together in October. Just couldn't put a hold on something I had not seen in person. I have seen one, now it's time to put the $ down.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Where did you get your cars from?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Always seems like a lack of forum activity from people in SC. Anyways I'll be taking delivery of mine tomorrow 6/18. However I'm having to travel out of state to get it since I was unable to find one unsold in SC. But anyways I'll post pics and stuff tomorrow I'll have about a 300 mile test drive back home. But we should try and start a meet down here in SC once everyone starts to take delivery of their cars. Myrtle Beach isn't far from me and I'll be passing through Greenville on my ride back home tomorrow.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Congrats @Phestezio !

I'm in Columbia myself. Mine is built and waiting on a boat....most likely August for me unless something unusual happens and I get it in July!

·
Registered
136 Posts
That's awesome @Timeless. It's cool you got a white one too I really think you will love it, pictures really don't do this car justice it's really awesome. We will have to get together when you get yours or get a meet going somewhere. Hopefully you get it late July as it takes about a month on the boat then a couple weeks by the time it goes through transit and make it to the dealer but it will probably be early to mid august :(

·
Registered
544 Posts
Any of you guys get work done from AV tuning in Charleston?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey gents!! Sorry I just saw this thread since I usually troll through the "new posts" and only make it about 2 pages deep before I move on. I have an RS1, SG, with forged wheels and actually live in Murrells Inlet. I picked it up from WAAAY Western NC (placed an order at Tidelands Ford but got d**ked over). I've had some pretty awful experiences with Ford dealers around here and would be willing to drive to Charleston or Wilmington to get service done. If any of you guys want to meet up or take a ride, just PM me. I've got almost 2k miles on it now and am getting ready to do some upgrades.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hey gents!! Sorry I just saw this thread since I usually troll through the "new posts" and only make it about 2 pages deep before I move on. I have an RS1, SG, with forged wheels and actually live in Murrells Inlet. I picked it up from WAAAY Western NC (placed an order at Tidelands Ford but got d**ked over). I've had some pretty awful experiences with Ford dealers around here and would be willing to drive to Charleston or Wilmington to get service done. If any of you guys want to meet up or take a ride, just PM me. I've got almost 2k miles on it now and am getting ready to do some upgrades.
Good to see you! I live in Columbia and will hopefully have mine in a month or so.

·
Registered
136 Posts
No I haven't done business with them or know anyone who has, I've been in Charleston my whole life. What do they do mostly? I can't say they are good or bad as I've never heard of them. But I do everything myself in my own shop, tuning is the only thing I pay for if I'm not using a standalone ecu.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Nitrous blue RS2 is ordered. DORA in hand. It appears that I am the only member here in the entire state. My dealer only had one allocation. Please post in this thread if you have a RS ordered in SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SB RS1 arrived @Summerville Ford on 11 June

·
Registered
734 Posts
I worked with them years ago for an engine swap. It took them triple the time they initially quoted but that seems common for a lot of shops to just get behind. They missed a few things but nothing serious and I didn't have any issues with the staff or anything. They didn't do anything to impress me but it seems they've been really successful since then. Just my 2 cents according to my own experience.

·
Registered
964 Posts
@misterchonger welcome to South Carolina!

I'm close by in Columbia.

On another note, what performance companies are people using in SC? Looking for a good shop close to Columbia but would travel to Charlotte or Augusta if need be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If anyone pasts through Greenville, give me a shout!
I'm out of the Greenville area. I'm a little late to the party but I picked up my Stealth Grey RS last Tuesday. Going from a 01 Corvette Z06 I'm more than impressed with the RS. Power and more so handling is out of this world and the nav/ bluetooth is nice.

I'll be out at the next Cars and Coffee. I'll be on the lookout for another RS!

Cheers

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hey guys! I was passing through downtown Aiken and saw a blue RS parked. This one belong to any of you?

IMG_1709.JPG

·
Registered
229 Posts
Will, it was great to meet you and chat about your RS the other day at the Greenville C&C event. Enjoy the ride! Someday soon I hope we can carve some corners together in the Mtns!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts