Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all! My first post here...never thought I'd find myself wanting a Focus, but after following along with Fords video series of the new RS, well, I want it, and want it bad!

Some questions! First, will this be the only RS for the next several years? Like, does Ford add new technology to the current versions of RS's as it becomes available over the years?

Secondly, looking at Fords site, at the technology such as blind spot assist, lane assist, parking assist, etc, it says "available on Focus Titanium". Do we know if these cool features will be available on the 2016 RS? I am hoping so...

Thanks in advance for help!

·
Registered
62 Posts
As I understand it, the features you mention are not available on 2016 RS, only the titanium. My bet is that they will add these features to later RS models, similar to how each new SVT Raptor model year got a few extra bells and whistles. The price goes up too...with all the little things they will add each year.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Hi all! My first post here...never thought I'd find myself wanting a Focus, but after following along with Fords video series of the new RS, well, I want it, and want it bad!

Some questions! First, will this be the only RS for the next several years? Like, does Ford add new technology to the current versions of RS's as it becomes available over the years?

Secondly, looking at Fords site, at the technology such as blind spot assist, lane assist, parking assist, etc, it says "available on Focus Titanium". Do we know if these cool features will be available on the 2016 RS? I am hoping so...

Thanks in advance for help!
1. Nothing for sure yet, but I think most assume it will be a 2016 and 2017 MY and maybe a 2018. Its possible it could continue to be a normal selling model, with the Golf R and STi out there its not out of the question.

2. Nope, none of that is on the RS.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
i really don't want any of that on my RS lol I'm no pro driver but I really don't need it to park etc.. and i actually prefer the blind spot mirrors over the sensors, a lot longer range.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aha, good stuff to know, thanks all! I am def planning on getting one...have one more year of payments to go on my 2 door civic, then I'll trade it in for a sweet RS!

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
I don't think I've see Ford mix park assist with a manual transmission. I don't see why they couldn't since you still select the gear and operate the throttle and brake based on prompts from the videos I've seen of it. Maybe the park assist just needs to have a signal that the car is in D or R.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i really don't want any of that on my RS lol I'm no pro driver but I really don't need it to park etc.. and i actually prefer the blind spot mirrors over the sensors, a lot longer range.
THIS^^^^ I shun those driver assistance features. I for one am glad the FoRS isn't offered with any driver assistance features. Don't need no stinkin forward collision assist, blind spot monitoring, park assist, or adaptive cruise control! I keep my hands on the wheel (and shifter) and my eyes on the road, and I can easily pull a car in and out of any parking space. Most advanced safety feature ever is an attentive and engaged driver! :cool:

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
THIS^^^^ I shun those driver assistance features. I for one am glad the FoRS isn't offered with any driver assistance features. Don't need no stinkin forward collision assist, blind spot monitoring, park assist, or adaptive cruise control! I keep my hands on the wheel (and shifter) and my eyes on the road, and I can easily pull a car in and out of any parking space. Most advanced safety feature ever is an attentive and engaged driver! :cool:
I respectfully disagree! The first time forward collision assist saves you life, you will really appreciate it! Blind spot monitor, while not usually needed, is a little added reminder. Park assist is worthless for parking, but great for sensing front and rear proximity of objects. Adaptive Cruise Control is awesome; don't knock it until you actually use it.

If you are not an early innovator, then the "driver's assist" product may seem frivolous to you. But remember a lot of features we now take for granted were once luxury/optional/frivolous items. But additional protection/safety is not necessarily frivolous or a replacement for an alert diver, but merely additional tools an alert driver can utilize.

YMMV Peace,

MidCow3

P.S. - The Euro version has drive assistance features; It was a cost cutting move that the USA didn't get driver assistance features.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
adaptive cruise control is nice but i don't see myself using cruise control too much in a manual car. collision assist is nice but in Ford it doesn't brake for you it's just an alert and preparing the brakes for a hard stop. but again in a stick shift i tend to pay more attention to whats going on. I'm just gonna back in everywhere so i can use the camera :p

·
Registered
520 Posts
P.S. - The Euro version has drive assistance features; It was a cost cutting move that the USA didn't get driver assistance features.
And I'm glad they chose to cut costs in that area vs. sacrificing performance and handling abilities. I like my driver's car low tech, hard edged, and engaging! And in that respect, Ford has definitely delivered.

Well--low tech in the gadget and feature front.....not in the performance front :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
And I'm glad they chose to cut costs in that area vs. sacrificing performance and handling abilities. I like my driver's car low tech, hard edged, and engaging! And in that respect, Ford has definitely delivered.
So you got the manually roll-up windows, only dash electronics: odometer/speedometer/tachometer and chose to exclusive use heel-toe and got the synchromesh delete ? <SATIRE> :D

Too each his own - my 442 had a reverb speaker in back :D

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
21 Posts
Couldn't agree more, the titanium focus can keep all of that for all I care... the RS is a driver's car and all of those assists are crutches for poor driving. Adaptive cruise control is the only one I would have an interest in.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Heated steering wheel: yespleasethankyouverymuch. Everything else: icing on the cake.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
I don't need one, but as I back into spots all the time (ALL...THE...TIME), I like having a backup camera.
And the RS includes that even on the RS1.

I would not mind collision prevention if it worked as good as Subaru advertises for there cars. It would be a great safety feature and should reduce cost to insure the car.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I love my cars loaded to the brim with whatever new technowizardry Ford can come up with. As long as I can choose not to use it. Adaptive cruise is the tits and all the parking sensors and cameras are great for tight spots. Blind spot monitors are actually useful because, at least in my Flex, they don't turn on until something is within about 3 feet of the bumper. So if they are on, you DEFINITELY don't have room to get over. Everything else is just toys. I do wish we got a HUD though.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I would happily take a lighter, less complex version. Manual windows, manual seat adjust as long as it had a manual lumbar bladder, fewer electronics, simpler stereo, etc.

For this car, keep the complexity in the engine and drivetrain, IMO.

Raj Nair called this morning to get my opinion, out of the blue. Couldn't believe it.

Jim

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
14 Participants
dkirby
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing