Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some good dealers.....

It's too bad to hear about a lot of the peoples issues with Ford dealers. Most seem to be coming from certain areas in the US from what I can tell. I had zero problems. I went into the dealership on Feb 5th I think and asked about the car, the sales woman had no idea what I was talking about of course. Over the course of the last 6 months or so she has kept me up to date with all their communication with the sales manager and Ford rep. She has guaranteed me it will be less than MSRP (amount depending on their cost) since day one and hasn't ever changed from that. Just yesterday I received an email confirming the regional manager verified the have allocation of 1 and it is 100% being built to my spec with my name on it. Build dates start in January, delivery to Canada between April-June. Couldn't be happier with the dealership and sales person to be honest. Hopefully there are more positive stories than negatives out there.

Dealership : Boundary Ford Lloydminster, Alberta
Sales Person: Emily Polack (780-872-7755)

·
Registered
969 Posts
It's too bad to hear about a lot of the peoples issues with Ford dealers. Most seem to be coming from certain areas in the US from what I can tell. I had zero problems. I went into the dealership on Feb 5th I think and asked about the car, the sales woman had no idea what I was talking about of course. Over the course of the last 6 months or so she has kept me up to date with all their communication with the sales manager and Ford rep. She has guaranteed me it will be less than MSRP (amount depending on their cost) since day one and hasn't ever changed from that. Just yesterday I received an email confirming the regional manager verified the have allocation of 1 and it is 100% being built to my spec with my name on it. Build dates start in January, delivery to Canada between April-June. Couldn't be happier with the dealership and sales person to be honest. Hopefully there are more positive stories than negatives out there.

Dealership : Boundary Ford Lloydminster, Alberta
Sales Person: Emily Polack (780-872-7755)
Similar story for me in NW IL. Went to the dealer I bought my explorer off. First started talking to them in Feb. Again They knew nothing. Based on information from this forum I have been keeping him updated! Still they promised MSRP from day one and as I was first in I would be number one on list. They received an allocation of one and as promised, ordered to my spec on tuesday. Order is in bank. I also received a bill if sale from them confirming MSRP.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
520 Posts
Well the dealership experience was stellar for me......ordered mine to spec and got it for MSRP/signed our agreement of the price. Other than that, I haven't received a priority number as they printed the order conf before submitting nor did my foolish self ask about dealer allocation, and the dealer didn't ask me for a deposit (they are the largest volume dealer in my area so that may have been a factor). So the experience went well, I'm just nervous about getting the car as others have mentioned getting DORAS and being forced to put in deposits. I'm going to contact my dealer today about the allocation/DORA so I'll post again after.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Walked in to dealership and happen to have gotten probably the only guy who knew about the RS. Said they were going to start a list, but nobody was on it yet. So I tossed some cash down for a deposit to get first in line then came back on the 12th to order to my spec @ msrp. The guy I worked with was laid back and no pressure or anything. Chatted him up about all the cool RS stuff and even talked about the new and old ford GT's. Great guy.

Napleton Ford in Vernon Hills IL
Salesman - Kevin Kalin

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
My experience on the RS has been stellar. I had feelers out to 5 Ford dealerships around the area. The salesman I am dealing with I met at an autoshow 3 years ago at Jerry Reynold's the Car Pro booth. This guy is the top salesman at a fairly large dealership and has some 35 trophies and accolades in his office. He is very knowledgeable and honest and a christian; his conversations always end in "have a blessed day". I have talked with him for months and he is informed and knowledgeably about the RS. I am the number one RS customer at the dealership. We agreed on MSRP, I paid a $2,000 deposit and my car has been ordered. My salesman is not sure of their allocation and I don't have a DORA. 2016 However, Spring 2016 delivery is at least 5-8 months down the road and I am not worried in the least that I will gt my RS.

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
My experience has overall been average in metro Detroit. My local dealer that I've been working with forever simply wouldn't tell me what they want to charge for it. Yesterday I decided that I couldn't afford to wait while they potentially decide to charge me a markup. The first dealer experience I made a thread about here. After that failure I started calling around. Eventually I found two dealers that had allocations and were willing to do MSRP. I unintentionally pitted the two against each other. One called me back to get some information, but just before that I found a dealer that wanted a smaller deposit. I told her and she asked what can we do to keep your business. I said welll... how about some amount of money off of MSRP. I said a few hundred dollars maybe? (I should have said $1000 lol). She came back with $100 off of MSRP, and so it was a done deal! This girl was newer and I educated her about the car and the whole ordering situation. She didn't know much but she was very friendly and didn't pretend to know things that she didn't. Most importantly she didn't lie to me (at least I hope she didn't) like dealer 1.

Good dealers:
Skalnek Ford (Lake Orion, MI)
Jessica Carels
(248)693-6241

Avis Ford (12 mile and Telegraph)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Just spoke to my dealer. They said they were unsure of how many they were allocated because it is a group of dealerships and the orders are done for all their vehicle manufacturers. But they'll send me the official VOC when the ordering dept. returns to work next week. They assured me my order was submitted to the bank, and they are a large volume and reputable dealer so I feel pretty confident in them....and they said I could optionally leave a deposit which I may do.....I'll be able to sleep at night again once it is set in stone and I've received that order # or better yet the DORA.

·
Registered
56 Posts
my experience has been so so, most dealers ive contacted here in maine had no clue what an RS was. a few would call back to get info from me and wanted to set up a test drive. one lady I had no clue what she was talking about at all and it got a little heated. " would you like to test drive the focus?" well hell, but how can I do that when the car isn't out yet. "sir this car has been out for years" I said not here it hasn't. so I explained to her what the RS is in a nutshell. so not even 10 secs after tellin her what it is" so I can put you down for a test drive this weekend, would you like and auto or a 6 speed?" REALLY LADY!!!! you see where im going with this. however I did end up at the closest dealership to me and happens to be the biggest in the state as far as fords go. the sales man I talked to just happened to be a guy I went to school with. we were never friends but we didn't not like each other either. so I bugged him just about everyday after the 1st trying to find out what their allocations were. they got 1 and I got it, they are specing the way I want and also gonna give it to me for msrp. I put down 2k deposit, but they wont give me a price yet. they say the price isn't confirmed yet. has anyone else heard this? they say it shouldn't change from what it is on the website. so I don't even know if they ordered it yet. that was on Tuesday the 13th. but other then that it hasn't been as bad as I though it might be as far as upcharging. and still I get calls every day other dealers wanting me to come in and test drive the new focus. FOR F*** SAKE I HAVE A NEW FOCUS YOU D*CKHOLES!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Had some really crappy pre-sales experiences with some of the dealers in the fox valley (northern Illinois)... Had one that gave me crap about how allocations were not possible and that it was a lottery to see who got what, another that had no idea what the RS was even days before the books opened up.

Luckily I found one that knew weeks in advance that they were getting two allocations, I kept in touch and when they made the decision to go ahead and take in the pre-orders for the allocations I got a call "with extreme urgency" that I come in. I went in within an hour of getting the call (was home sick that day, lucky!), my sales guy told me management opted to fill the pre-orders before they could submit them and wanted me to fill my order. Paid 1K as a deposit, didn't get anything binding other than the credit card statment telling me I had paid them 1K the 1K and a copy of the signed printout stating they would submit my order as what I wanted..

I never heard from them, so I called up and the sales guy confirmed that it had been ordered, but since he didn't have anything from Ford to give me he hadn't contacted me.. Well last night I got an email from him, he gave me the order number! I wish I had the dealer code so I could keep track of the order on the ford site.. He did say they should hear from Ford next week with more information..

Dealership: Hobkins Ford, Elgin IL

·
Registered
400 Posts
The Ford Store Morgan Hill (Morgan Hill, CA) rocks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a long standing relationship with my dealer.
I was in constant communication with my contacts.
They knew what the RS was, allocation numbers, order date availability, price, options, etc.
I arrived on October 12th, ordered their 1 allocated car to spec, $0 down.
Now to wait.
Cheers!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
my experience has been so so, most dealers ive contacted here in maine had no clue what an RS was. a few would call back to get info from me and wanted to set up a test drive. one lady I had no clue what she was talking about at all and it got a little heated. " would you like to test drive the focus?" well hell, but how can I do that when the car isn't out yet. "sir this car has been out for years" I said not here it hasn't. so I explained to her what the RS is in a nutshell. so not even 10 secs after tellin her what it is" so I can put you down for a test drive this weekend, would you like and auto or a 6 speed?" REALLY LADY!!!! you see where im going with this. however I did end up at the closest dealership to me and happens to be the biggest in the state as far as fords go. the sales man I talked to just happened to be a guy I went to school with. we were never friends but we didn't not like each other either. so I bugged him just about everyday after the 1st trying to find out what their allocations were. they got 1 and I got it, they are specing the way I want and also gonna give it to me for msrp. I put down 2k deposit, but they wont give me a price yet. they say the price isn't confirmed yet. has anyone else heard this? they say it shouldn't change from what it is on the website. so I don't even know if they ordered it yet. that was on Tuesday the 13th. but other then that it hasn't been as bad as I though it might be as far as upcharging. and still I get calls every day other dealers wanting me to come in and test drive the new focus. FOR F*** SAKE I HAVE A NEW FOCUS YOU D*CKHOLES!!!
I'm just shocked at the incompitence at most of the dealers and with the sales folk. I would fired if I handled business like this at my job. Hell with the info we have received on this forum we could all go work for these dealerships and get a vehicle ordered thru the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I had a good experience with my dealership but I had an inside line to a degree through a friend of my wife.
My dealership sells way more trucks and commercial vehicles so I was honestly surprised when they told me the regional sales rep had confirmed 1 allocation was available.
put down a 500 deposit and ordered to my spec on monday and received my dora thursday.
I was nervous as hell, but I think it comes down to lack of information more so than bad salespeople wanting to do harm and mislead.

If there is a downside I think its that I had to drive 3hrs away... 4 in traffic because the local guy was being a D and wanted 2k ADM :mad:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I had a good experience with my dealership but I had an inside line to a degree through a friend of my wife.
My dealership sells way more trucks and commercial vehicles so I was honestly surprised when they told me the regional sales rep had confirmed 1 allocation was available.
put down a 500 deposit and ordered to my spec on monday and received my dora thursday.
I was nervous as hell, but I think it comes down to lack of information more so than bad salespeople wanting to do harm and mislead.

If there is a downside I think its that I had to drive 3hrs away... 4 in traffic because the local guy was being a D and wanted 2k ADM :mad:
Its still looks very bad on the Blue Oval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
14 Participants
mcrcracer
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing