Ford Focus RS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love my car, and I have taken very good care of it. But I really need a truck, and I have some severe back issues that make getting in and out of the RS a chore. Driving a manual car for extended trips is getting to be bothersome as well, so I think it is time to part ways with the RS. This is a 2017 Ford Focus RS (RS2) in Stealth Grey. The car is in great shape and has no known issues. It has never been tracked and has no performance modifications. I believe the only option it lacks is the sunroof. I am the second owner and the car has an extended Ford powertrain warranty (5yr remaining/100k). The first owner put about 8k miles on it, with the rest being from myself. Most of the miles I have put on it have been from highway driving from Southern Indiana to Central Illinois and back, or out to the East Coast and back.

The few things I have done are as follows:
1) Mishimoto hot and cold side intercooler piping
2) Mountune recirculation valve
3) SkidPlateGuy aluminum one-piece skid plate (original in good shape included)
4) Konig Dekagram 18x8.5 43 offset w/ Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires (245 /40 R18) w/ black Muteki open-ended lug nuts
5) Rally Armor flaps with matching grey lettering
6) DMB UK black RS gel inserts for the spoiler and bumper RS logos, black and grey Ford logo covers for exterior and the steering wheel, and an RS gel sticker for the start button
7) WeatherTech floor mats and cargo tray mat
8) Whiteline bushings for the driver seat frame
9) Mountune billet short-shift arm paired with yourlittlecncshop shift bushings
10) yourlittlecncshop billet rear license plate bracket to replace the standard flappy plastic piece of crap
11) Cobb air filter (SSC included but not installed)
12) DBA 2000 front rotors with StopTech street pads all around

The new wheels and tires have about 6k miles total on them. I believe one or more of the TPMS sensors has malfunctioned, though this should be fixed by the time the car sells. The car really should have come with an 18x8.5 wheel from the factory as it rides so much better with them vs. the 19" factory option. The PS4S tires are also a major upgrade. The Muteki lug nuts have been through several on/off cycles and aren't really showing any wear. The front rotors and all-around pads were done when the wheels were installed, so about 6k on those also. I have a set of Tire Rack brand 18x8 5-spoke wheels with Blizzaks that can come with the car. There is probably at least a season or two left on them. I generally only swapped them when we had very low temps or snow, and swapped back when appropriate.

Known issues:
1) A TPMS went out on a recent drive out to North Carolina, as mentioned above. Should be fixed before sale. I actually think they just need reset.
2) There is a little ding near the tailgate on the top of the rear bumper cover, and the lower rear valance has a ding in it. I will likely replace the lower valance (~$250, easy install) before sale.
That is it. I have a Husky/GSD so don't be surprised if there is a rogue dog hair somewhere. She wasn't in the car but a handful of times total.

I can include a Mountune baffled breather plate and a set of new Mountune springs with the car as well, if those parts interest you. You will receive the Mountune Sound Suppression Chamber that I have yet to install on the turbo, though I may be able to install before sale. I also have parts of the original collector box that you could order for these cars when new, which includes some interesting paperwork and the neat RS shifter ornament.

The car receives regular oil changes with Amsoil Signature 5w50 and an Amsoil filter.

38,500 OBO SOLD!!
Happy to meet up to let you crawl around it and drive it. For any non-local potential buyers I'm happy to take whatever photos and videos you might want. Just send me a PM.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are a few more pics of the car! No hail damage (garage kept) and no door dings that I have ever found.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.