Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Item: Schroth QuickFit Pro Harness (driver)

Condition: Like new

Description: This is the only sanctioned 4-point “racing” harness. It features an “anti-submarining” design and is demonstrated to work with OEM belt receivers, air bag sensors, etc. It is a great option for recreational lapping day use. The “Pro” model has wider 3-inch belts that are designed to work with a HANS device, but work fine without. I used this with a HANS. You might consider getting the “pads” that can be found if you do not have a HANS. Set of grips is included ($15.95 gift).

Price: $150 (costs $365 new)

Shipping details: UPS, USPS, or FedEx from Redmond, WA (discussed during purchase process)

Contact email: [email protected]

Payment method: Paypal (I’ll provide the associated email at the time of sale); sales are all plus shipping unless otherwise noted (Paypal or cash for local).

Harness:

Grips:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
This is the cert label:

This was sold to me by Schroth in 2018.

For HPDE, I've never had a single question about the harnesses. That includes SCCA TNiA, Audi, HoD, Turn2, Club Lotus NW, Alfa Romeo of Oregon, Proformance Racing, Cascade, IRDC, and NW Alfa Romeo Club. I have not been out with the BMW or Porsche guys for many years, but in my old SVT Focus (caged, racing seat, harnesses) no one ever ONCE looked at the harnesses or HANS certs. I've been doing HPDEs since 2004.

Having said that, for true racing purposes, I would NEVER use a 4-point harness. Period. I would have a racing seat with side bolsters, 6-point harness, full fire suppression, minimum 6-point cage, emergency shutoff, nets, etc.

HPDE is non-competitive, recreational. While there are risks, we mitigate those risks by dialing back, passing on let-by, etc. Any other approach is, well, brain dead.

Please, if you are racing and your sanctioning body requires current certs, by all means get your harnesses directly from HMS.

I use the word "sanctioned" in my original post loosely and apply it to mean "accepted" by HPDE sponsoring bodies. That's all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.