Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I feel it is time to let my 2017 NB RS go, my life is not currently compatible with using it as I would like to (hence low mileage) and I hate to see it gradually start to fade while I don't have the storage that it deserves.

2017 Focus RS in Nitrous Blue - currently 7650 miles
head gasket replaced by dealer before I even saw car, has always run great.
RS2 packaged - heated seats/wheel, power/heat mirrors, voice navi sync (updated to 3.4)
Power moonroof
19" Ford forged wheel package with original Michelin Cup 2 tires ~3K miles
most miles done on a set of Sparco rims that are NOT coming with car,
hence these wheels are in near perfect condition and tech estimated tires half worn at last service.
Current lugnuts are black splined Gorillaz, OE nuts will come with car
Huskey foot well and hatch liners installed from new
original unused rear headrests and floor mats will come with car
Grimmspeed license plate relocation, central plate position undrilled
OE license plate bracket and tow hook plug will come with car
Rallyarmor mudflaps installed from new, blue text
LaminX yellow tinted protective film on fogs
Focus badge removed when new
Ford/Covercraft RS insignia car cover

Trip computer Speedometer Car Vehicle Odometer
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky
Snow Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

There's bunch more pictures in this photo album. If you want any other specific pics just ask.

I am the first owner of this car and have title in hand.
I'm embarrassed to say this car has been babied through my 3 years of ownership - I must be am getting old.
The car is located in the Lakes Region of NH, and has been serviced by Irwin Ford while it has been with me.

I think this example is currently worth $42K after checking various price guides and other listings.
I'll entertain offers if you are willing to make this sale really easy, but Vroom says it will give me $38K ...
Please no tire-kickers or time-wasters, only listing here for a short while to see if there's interest from an actual enthusiast in the community - if there's none of that it will go on carandbids before the snow season in NH really sets in and it can't be moved.

Please post to this thread with any questions, or other info you'd like to see, and I'll try to answer promptly
Cheers
/dan

·
Registered
2018 Race Red Ford Focus RS, Chicago
728 Posts
If he list his car on CarGurus now, then there would be exactly 200 RS’s available nationwide and his would be the 3rd lowest mileage car for sale. His price is quite reasonable compared to all the cars for sale nationwide. My guess is that if Dan list on CarGurus he will have really good chance selling quickly.

·
Registered
2018 Race Red Ford Focus RS, Chicago
728 Posts
I would take the 38K from Vroom and call it a day...no tire kickers are you are done...jmho...GLWS
A great suggestion and I agree. I recently sold my Corvette and it wasn’t easy at all. If Vroom, Carvana or Carmax offers something you think is somewhat reasonable then go for it. I did finally get what was more than reasonable taking into consideration mileage, condition and model year, but again not easy. I brought my car to the Chevrolet dealership’s other store where they sell Corvettes and Classic cars and they sold my Corvette in exactly 3 weeks for more that I had it listed on CarGurus.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must admit that upon seeing how much Vroom were offering it did make me wonder about the price of convenience ...

One of the main reasons I am listing on here first is that I think of myself an auto-enthusiast and would like the car to have a chance of going to someone similar - without some businessman taking their cut along the way. I'm probably too much of an idealist sap - but hey, we do what we feel is right.

😊

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
I must admit that upon seeing how much Vroom were offering it did make me wonder about the price of convenience ...

One of the main reasons I am listing on here first is that I think of myself an auto-enthusiast and would like the car to have a chance of going to someone similar - without some businessman taking their cut along the way. I'm probably too much of an idealist sap - but hey, we do what we feel is right.

😊
We just sold a motor home through an RV type Vroom. Painless!
The RS…is a different story. IF & when I ever sell her, it will be more like, me interviewing for an adoption.
My wife suggested I donate her to our favorite car museum. That may happen.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I had a few nibbles of interest but ultimately didn't put any real effort into selling other than this posting, and thus I still have it.

As the weather started to move in over xmas I contemplated doing the Vroom thing to avoid storing, but their refreshed offer was $2K less than original so I concluded the market was probably inevitably soft over the holiday period... and put it away.

So, the car is still available but realistically I'm waiting for the the spring weather before I'm entertaining getting it out of storage unless someone is really serious and thinks the asking price is fair and not worth haggling over.

I'll update this post if anything changes - difficult to be motivated to sell when I like it so much and don't really need space/$$$

Good luck with your sale!
/dan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This RS is still in the driveway - under a cover but being taken for ~10 mile run every couple of weeks so mileage is still way less than 8K.

Still not massively motivated to sell but keep entertaining the idea of buying something else interesting which would need that parking spot ...

I think $42K is still a reasonable price for this example - less and less low mileage ones about - but will say if you need to travel to buy then the price will include pickup from NH airport, a good meal and an overnight stay if that helps. If it doesn't and you're the type of person I'd like to sell to, a real enthusiast who sees the value in this, then there may be a bit of wiggle room.

If at all interested drop me a msg or post in this thread - I will provide any extra info you desire, and probably much you don't🙃
🍻
/dan

1 - 20 of 30 Posts