91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2016 Ford Focus RS For Sale

Frozen White/Charcoal Black Leather/Alcantara Recaro Seating
RS2 Package
37,xxx miles
$27,000

Annapolis area, Maryland

As this site only allows 10 pictures I have added a ton of high rez pictures in a Google Album:

Album of high rez photos

Bottom line up front: Bone stock unmolested, non-abused, 1 adult owner car in excellent condition.

The only option on the car is the RS2 package which includes Michelin Supersports, power/heated mirrors, heated front seats, heater steering wheel, and navigation

HISTORY:
1 owner – me.
I bought the car new from the dealership in July 2016. I am a 48 year old mature adult driver with several cars. The Focus RS was just my everyday daily driver to/from work and other running around. I have a Porsche GT3RS for hooning and track fun and a truck for the abuse of hauling and getting messy. I just drove this car as an everyday hatchback. Car has not been raced, launched, drifted, or abused in any way.
Car is garaged both at home and at work. Never smoked in. No kids eating in the back. We keep our cars and our house clean and tidy at all times.
I am also a bit of a detailing hobbyist so the overall condition is way above average for the age/miles. I had clear film installed on the entire front of the car after I did the first detailing when I first got the car. After 3 years there were imperfections in the clear film so I removed it to prepare the car for sale. I just completed a complete paint correction/polish and I applied a latest generation ceramic coating.
I have driven basically all the miles since new and I have personally done all the maintenance other than the factory recalls. Ford did the head gasket recall in March 2018 at 21,000 miles. It ran flawlessly both before and after the head gasket recall.

CONDITION:
The car is in far better condition that most cars of this age and miles. The paint is near perfect all around. There are no dents or door dings. With heavy lighting and with my reading glasses I can find a couple of pencil tip sized imperfections if I get down on hands and knees. You could not find an imperfection in the paint from 5-10 feet away.
Glass and light housings are perfect.
Interior is excellent. The only wear that can really be identified at all is just SLIGHT wear on driver’s seat bolster as this is a high contact area. All leather and Alcantara look great.
Runs as new. No issues of any kind. I have always used highest octane available at the pump which is generally 93 in my area.

MAINTENANCE:
I do all maintenance on all my vehicles myself. I changed oil every 5,000 miles (last one at 35,000) with an OEM filter and Castrol Edge 5w-50. I have documentation/log book for all.
I just put a complete set of OEM brake pads and rotors at all 4 corners. The pads and rotors both had very normal wear and had some life left but the parts are so cheap (relative to Porsche carbon ceramics!) that I just got a full set of pads and rotors to freshen all 4 corners. I bled the fluid with OEM fluid too.

MODIFICATIONS:
There are no “real” modifications of any kind and certainly nothing that isn’t reversible. Ways the car is different than showroom:
  • High quality ProClip cell phone mount installed. This is 100% removable without marks or damage to the dash. There are no screws etc. as it is custom made to just clip into place. I would be glad to remove it if you don’t want it but since the mount is custom to the car and will fit many modern phones I planned to leave it for the buyer.
  • I have a 2nd set of wheels that will go with the car. The original Michelin Pilot Supersports have been mounted on 19” Mountune wheels which are actually O.Z. Leggara HLT wheels. These probably have 2/3 of the 37,000 miles. A set of Continental DWS06 all season tires are on the original RS 19” wheels. These probably have 1/3 of the total miles. There is many miles of tread life left on both sets.
  • I replaced the security wheel lug nuts with regular lug nuts OEM from Ford. I still have the security nuts and the key and will provide them with the car. I just find them to be an unnecessary hassle. I have been driving for 32 years and have never had anyone try to steal wheels off my car. I can put them back on if you like.
There are no other modifications of any kind. No tunes, intakes, exhausts, speakers, retrofit light bulbs or whatever. Car is BONE STOCK other than a removable clip on cell phone mount.

ORIGINAL ACCESSORIES:
I hate when cars are sold without the original bits and pieces that came with the car. I have everything that came on the car when new including some things that seem to come up missing on used cars including:
  • Rear cargo parcel shelf or security cover or whatever you want to call it.
  • The little tray that fits in the top of the storage compartment between the front seats
  • The air compressor and tire goo they provide instead of a spare
  • Original document binder and all books/materials
  • Window sticker
  • Both keys
  • I even have the spring expander spacers that the car was delivered with
  • I will also provide the Focus RS owners kit sent by Ford with certificate of authenticity, Blu-Ray, and a gearshift desk trophy. See pictures.
DEFECTS:
Minor curb rash on one of the OZ wheels (see pictures).

As this site only allows 10 pictures I have added a ton of high rez pictures in a Google Album:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I shall be the first to post to my own for sale thread. I have not been paying attention to the market for these cars. I have just been driving. I am open to feedback on a realistic price to get the car sold. I just don't have a good sense for it. Thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello, I was wondering if this vehicle is still for sale!? Looks fantastically well kept
If this ad is up the vehicle is still for sale. I will modify the top post and post a final reply here once sold. I will also answer your PM.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got busy with fall boat show season here in Annapolis and forgot about marketing the car. I'm going to crank it back up again. Thinking of trying cargurus this time. Would love to sell to an enthusiast here but seems there is little interest.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interested if still available, sent you a pm
Very sorry for delayed response. I was out of the country for the Thanksgiving week and not paying attention to the internet much. I am back and indeed the car is still for sale. I have also answered your PM. THanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts