Ford Focus RS Forum banner

181 - 200 of 230 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
I just remembered from the other forums I am at, a member there also got told to go to the states REF.

Apparently they do a virtual visual first.

·
Registered
19 Posts
First I want to thank everyone who responded on this...
I don't mind the fine that's the point I dont want to replace parts pay and then put them back on again if there is no huge difference...
The state reff ticket is not to be sign off.
The fix it ticket on the other hand I can get it sign off.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Just let us know if you need anything and we'll try to help out. 👍

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I got a fix it ticket for tint on my Evo X in 2015. I got two options:

• Remove the tint and pay $300.
  • Don't remove the tint and pay $325 for the fine.
Removing the tint will take more of my time and for $25 difference I just paid the $300.

I just considered it as a donation to the State of CA.
325!!??? I got a ticket from a hodunk hipo on a trip home from northern cali for both tint and no front plate. It was 100$ if I got it written off, or 200$ to just pay it off for both violations. I just paid it off and haven't changed a damn thing.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Well....it happened on the highway and yes I drove like an ass....
He gave me a also a fix it ticket for the tint and missing front plate wich is not a problem.
Beeing state reffed sucks though.
The downpipe and the exhaust in that combo is really loud.
Usually also stock downpipes come with a heat shield mine as the majority of the aftermarket ones don't

More info? Few people are more of an ass than me on side roads and unattended freeways late nights. Documented 128 and got a 90+ written off and was coolest cop ever. Checked whole car out, I'm not CALI Carbed at all, LOL. Not bragging just saying scenarios play a big role in outcomes, so what happened prior? lol

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
325!!??? I got a ticket from a hodunk hipo on a trip home from northern cali for both tint and no front plate. It was 100$ if I got it written off, or 200$ to just pay it off for both violations. I just paid it off and haven't changed a damn thing.

Yep, SDPD. for the $25 diff, I opted to just pay it.

The wife was driving it with the mother-in-law when it got stopped.

apparently 4-6 cops were there as they were training the other cops on what to look for.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I cant complain about the officer, he was super polite and friendly I didn't give him any attitude or hard time either. I just accepted the ticket's and I apologized for my behavior.
He could have arrested me he said.
According to ticket 95 plus on highway several unsafe lane changes, near tailgate.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yep, SDPD. for the $25 diff, I opted to just pay it.

The wife was driving it with the mother-in-law when it got stopped.

apparently 4-6 cops were there as they were training the other cops on what to look for.
Oof! Sounds like wrong place, wrong time. Harder for the training officer to let you off with a warning when training new recruits on "proper procedure."

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Oof! Sounds like wrong place, wrong time. Harder for the training officer to let you off with a warning when training new recruits on "proper procedure."

It's San Diego, you got to pay to play. First 2-3 tickets I was "WTF?!"

Last count I got I think was 14....... I just help my community and "donate".

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Ladies and Gents, another meet:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Haven't heard anything about fires....
Glad that you are doing ok though!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Nice Maxima Suspension cleaner, :giggle: love that ****..............................

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Thanks Nick! Good here too.
I am glad to hear that!

It's 42 contained, they said it's smokey and hopefully its not bad as here in San Diego when the ship gone ablaze.

Stay healthy and safe ladies and gents!

·
Registered
2017 RS2
44 Posts
I am glad to hear that!

It's 42 contained, they said it's smokey and hopefully its not bad as here in San Diego when the ship gone ablaze.

Stay healthy and safe ladies and gents!
Yea it was pretty nuts when it was at its worst, lit up the sky like nobody’s business.

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
OH My GOD!

181 - 200 of 230 Posts