Ford Focus RS Forum banner

361 - 372 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just realized I never checked in here. Have been rolling around in my 2017 Stealth Grey since December 2016 in Mission Viejo/RSM area. Now reside in Anaheim Hills (since July 2019).

Anybody know of a good tire place in/around OC where I can get tires mounted on "premium" wheels and balanced. I'm a little reluctant having a random tire tech mount tires on my TE37s. I'd rather go to somebody who has experience dealing with expensive wheels and takes extra care.

·
Registered
45 Posts
@Si2RS I've heard of a shop called RCompoundUSA. Never been there myself but man they've mounted some expensive wheels there. I'd check em out for sure. I think they are in Whittier, not sure how far that is from you.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just realized I never checked in here. Have been rolling around in my 2017 Stealth Grey since December 2016 in Mission Viejo/RSM area. Now reside in Anaheim Hills (since July 2019).

Anybody know of a good tire place in/around OC where I can get tires mounted on "premium" wheels and balanced. I'm a little reluctant having a random tire tech mount tires on my TE37s. I'd rather go to somebody who has experience dealing with expensive wheels and takes extra care.

I’m in RSM! Honestly, the only two RS’s I ever see are an FW & NB, only because the two guys live by me. Other than that, I couldn’t tell you the last time I saw an RS on the 405 or 5 fwys. How’s the SG to maintain with dust & also how is the RS as a daily in OC with traffic & are the MPGs doable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
@Si2RS I've heard of a shop called RCompoundUSA. Never been there myself but man they've mounted some expensive wheels there. I'd check em out for sure. I think they are in Whittier, not sure how far that is from you.
Nice! I'll check them out! It's about half an hour away from me here in Anaheim Hills, but I got family in Downey (where I grew up) and La Mirada, so maybe it'll give me an excuse to drop in and say hi!

I’m in RSM! Honestly, the only two RS’s I ever see are an FW & NB, only because the two guys live by me. Other than that, I couldn’t tell you the last time I saw an RS on the 405 or 5 fwys. How’s the SG to maintain with dust & also how is the RS as a daily in OC with traffic & are the MPGs doable?
Yeah, I only ever saw one driving down El Toro (used to live up at the top of Los Alisos/Melinda Rd), and it was also SG. Haha! The paint upkeep is actually very easy. It really doesn't show dust at all. Plus, I got it coated with Ceramic Pro and clear bra on the front half, so washing it is a breeze. I can go a while without having to wash it. However, I don't like to go more than two weeks. It also helps that I have another car that I use for daily "mundane" driving to keep the miles down on my RS. You may have seen me in this car. It's a 2000 Civic Si painted white with white Work Emotion wheels. Got about 230k miles on the clock, and still going strong! Actually just changed the timing belt not too long ago, which was pretty fun. So I'll take this car if I have to drive around for work, or if it's raining. I think my RS has only seen rain probably once since I bought it. Haha! I like to keep it clean as much as possible.

In regards to MPGs, I actually have a custom Mountune tune with some other goodies, so I'll usually fill up with 91 and about 1 gallon of E85 to raise the octane. It's pushing about 380hp and 475 ft-lbs. But according to my Drivvo app on my phone, I average about 20 mpg. So not too bad. I'm 36, so I don't really drive like I used to when I was younger. I like the occasional hard pull, but most of the time I'm just cruising enjoying the feel of the car on the road.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nice! I'll check them out! It's about half an hour away from me here in Anaheim Hills, but I got family in Downey (where I grew up) and La Mirada, so maybe it'll give me an excuse to drop in and say hi!

Yeah, I only ever saw one driving down El Toro (used to live up at the top of Los Alisos/Melinda Rd), and it was also SG. Haha! The paint upkeep is actually very easy. It really doesn't show dust at all. Plus, I got it coated with Ceramic Pro and clear bra on the front half, so washing it is a breeze. I can go a while without having to wash it. However, I don't like to go more than two weeks. It also helps that I have another car that I use for daily "mundane" driving to keep the miles down on my RS. You may have seen me in this car. It's a 2000 Civic Si painted white with white Work Emotion wheels. Got about 230k miles on the clock, and still going strong! Actually just changed the timing belt not too long ago, which was pretty fun. So I'll take this car if I have to drive around for work, or if it's raining. I think my RS has only seen rain probably once since I bought it. Haha! I like to keep it clean as much as possible.

In regards to MPGs, I actually have a custom Mountune tune with some other goodies, so I'll usually fill up with 91 and about 1 gallon of E85 to raise the octane. It's pushing about 380hp and 475 ft-lbs. But according to my Drivvo app on my phone, I average about 20 mpg. So not too bad. I'm 36, so I don't really drive like I used to when I was younger. I like the occasional hard pull, but most of the time I'm just cruising enjoying the feel of the car on the road.
Very cool! I really just love how the RS looks, TBH with you. It’s such a rare car & turns heads & that’s why I love it so much. Im not looking to get any speeding tickets or to drive it like a fool, but more so just to look cool as a daily from RSM to Irvine & as a sporty grocery getter on weekends.

As much as I’ve tried to talked myself into an ST, I just can’t do it. Sure, the prices are very affordable on the ST’s, but everytime I look at one, it just looks like an SE with upgraded wheels & side skirts + ST’s aren’t as rare & I typically see the younger crowd driving them around.

AH is nice! I’ve looked at a few condos off of Sereno, over the years, but prices are high & HOA fee’s are 400+. RSM is kind of Far from everything, but it’s more affordable & safe, so I’ll probably just stay here for the long-term, unless something unforeseen should happen.

·
Registered
348 Posts
It’s so hard to find a low mileage & one owner RS in SoCal. Go onto these car sites & click within 500 miles & there’s typically less than 15 cars total. I don’t know if any of you bought out-of-state? But I’m thinking i might have to do that. Another thing I noticed also is that CA cars always have high mileage yet the prices are the same as the car on the east coast with half the mileage? Go figure.....

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Mileage should go down a bit due to not a lot of people are driving recently.

Seeing an RS on the road is pretty rare. I do know there is a couple in San Diego other than myself

·
Registered
1,320 Posts

I just go to America's Tires. Just had them install a second set of tires on my Ce's with no issues. I do make sure to let them know these rims literally cannot be replaced and ask them to take extreme care and they always do a good job.

·
Registered
359 Posts
AH is nice! I’ve looked at a few condos off of Sereno, over the years, but prices are high & HOA fee’s are 400+. RSM is kind of Far from everything, but it’s more affordable & safe, so I’ll probably just stay here for the long-term, unless something unforeseen should happen.
Yeah, AH is cool. I really liked living in RSM as well. Only reason I moved was because it was a compromise when moving in with the girlfriend (she works at a school in Hemet). My son actually still goes to school in RSM, so that's a fun drive through Santiago Canyon when I have to take him and pick him up. Gotta love divorced dad life! Actually renting a 4 bedroom house here, so not too bad.

I just go to America's Tires. Just had them install a second set of tires on my Ce's with no issues. I do make sure to let them know these rims literally cannot be replaced and ask them to take extreme care and they always do a good job.
Which America's Tire? I've had a real bad experience with the one in Lake Forest off Aspan. They jammed one of my lugnuts on my Work Emotions on my Civic back in the day. Had to cut off the lug and replace the hub. Ever since then, I take my wheels off myself and bring them in to get the tires replaced and balanced no matter where I take them. Then, I bring them home and mount them on the car myself. I'm sure it's highly dependent on which facility and who's working at the time.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
When I have my rare Super Advan Racing on my Evo, America's Tire were good enough.

I tell them please be careful mounting and use solvents to take out the counterweights and not the wire brush. The supervisor/manager knows what needs to be done.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Yeah, AH is cool. I really liked living in RSM as well. Only reason I moved was because it was a compromise when moving in with the girlfriend (she works at a school in Hemet). My son actually still goes to school in RSM, so that's a fun drive through Santiago Canyon when I have to take him and pick him up. Gotta love divorced dad life! Actually renting a 4 bedroom house here, so not too bad.

Which America's Tire? I've had a real bad experience with the one in Lake Forest off Aspan. They jammed one of my lugnuts on my Work Emotions on my Civic back in the day. Had to cut off the lug and replace the hub. Ever since then, I take my wheels off myself and bring them in to get the tires replaced and balanced no matter where I take them. Then, I bring them home and mount them on the car myself. I'm sure it's highly dependent on which facility and who's working at the time.
I go to the one in northridge, since it's the closest one to me. They always use a torque wrench when tightening the lugs.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I’ve heard good things about Tucker Tire, in Laguna Niguel. I have powder-coated black wheels on my MK3 & really don’t trust anyone around the lug nuts. When I take it into Ford for an oil change, I make it crystal clear for them to NOT rotate the tires & do NOT touch the wheels. There is ZERO room for error with black wheels.

361 - 372 of 372 Posts