Ford Focus RS Forum banner

341 - 360 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Galpin in NH. Did a good job on my car and I haven't read any complaints about them botching a job. They told me they have a team of techs specifically dedicated to this job.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Datalog stretches of road in so cal/orange county
Hey all,

This may be silly but constantly I am searching for the best please to do datalogs. . .

Somewhere that is free from cops/people/danger.

Obviously being safe is the main priority, also not getting a ticket is. .

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Best place I have found is in westminster blvd right alongside the military base of all places. lol

Anything and everything helps!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’ve been trying to get my datalogs in too. This rain isn’t helping. I have a long stretch of road near my house but it’s only really empty on Sundays. Anybody know of a dyno spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
Datalog stretches of road in so cal/orange county
Hey all,

This may be silly but constantly I am searching for the best please to do datalogs. . .

Somewhere that is free from cops/people/danger.

Obviously being safe is the main priority, also not getting a ticket is. .

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Best place I have found is in westminster blvd right alongside the military base of all places. lol

Anything and everything helps!!!
Do you need a long stretch of road? 2am on the freeway.

For shorter pulls get out of the city a bit and head towards some foothills. Decent stretches that you can wait for an opening on the side of the road, have a clear view of any police and away from people. Places like Turnbull Canyon, Santiogo Canyon and Carbon Canyon. For Turnbull use the long stretch near the end before Beverly...benefit...just keep on going and have some fun in the twisties!

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
The Final RaceLegal in SD is tonight. City of San Diego said there's mo more monies to continue this event.

After 20+ years, we'll see if the street racing scene will change here.

I'll swing by to see what's what tonight, ain't planning to run my RS.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I messed up and made both my keys into mykeys limited my poor RS to 80mph and locking out other features. The dealerships are apparently working on some kinda recall for another car and keep pushing my appointments out to reprogram my keys. Anyone know any locksmiths in the Los Angeles area who can do it?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I'm picking up my Focus RS tomorrow. It's a used 2017 with only 6000 miles and it's my first Manual. So I'm kinda scared to drive it off the lot haha. I'm also pretty worried about the HG issue so I'm hoping I won't have the dreaded Mustang HG.
If anyone knows any dealer in the san fernando valley whose trustworthy to take the car to, I'd love to hear it.
Huntington Beach Ford, look for Alfredo. Did mine no issues whatsoever quick turnaround.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I was thinking about going to the 2nd ST/RS Meet in SD on Sunday 4/28 at Whitier Blvd Pico Rivera in front of the Home Depot.

I know nothing about it, saw it when i am barely on FB...but am down for a hard park this weekend perhaps.

Anybody know more...?

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
We should, just not today..... moving our data center.

San Diego here!

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Spotted a NB 16-17 on I5 North, I threw a deuces!

Hope you have a good day man.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
@Moxman, can't make the meet today man. Left heel hurts like a biscuit.

Must have sprained it at work 2 days ago.

Next time, I'll try to get there.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey guys, I was wondering if there might be an RS owner in the Orange County area that might allow me to ride with them in their stock Focus RS sometime? I’m interested in buying one however I have no experience with the manual or the overall ride of the vehicle.

I’m a Ford guy & have owned an SVT truck, ZX3, ZX5 & currently a ‘13 Titanium Hatch. I just don’t know if I can spend 35k after a 10min test drive with a salesperson around the block & back. I have so many questions & I’d rather just ask them to an actual RS owner & not someone who’s just trying to sell me a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello! My name is Chris.
New to the forums and reside in Anaheim, CA. I recently picked up a ‘17 RS in Stealth Grey with 8,000 miles on it and I’m having a blast with it. I haven’t noticed too many RS’s in Orange County but I’m sure they are out there. Shout-out to my fellow OC owners!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

341 - 360 of 360 Posts