Ford Focus RS Forum banner

321 - 340 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd be very curious about a dyno tune too. @KingZee - you said within 100 miles...... you know someone over 100 miles....? That's not so far :)

I'm also thinking about a Mishimoto intercooler.... anyone have any suggestions for someone to put it on for me? I live on the Westside of LA, but work in Woodland hill. I'll drop it off almost anywhere however. Used to take my WRX to Monrovia. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,951 Posts
I'd be very curious about a dyno tune too. @KingZee - you said within 100 miles...... you know someone over 100 miles....? That's not so far :)

I'm also thinking about a Mishimoto intercooler.... anyone have any suggestions for someone to put it on for me? I live on the Westside of LA, but work in Woodland hill. I'll drop it off almost anywhere however. Used to take my WRX to Monrovia. :)
I actually just found out from another member that 5150 Racing out of Santa Ana is dyno tuning RSs. I may have to make my way down there at some point in the near future.
@BE3RS

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Let me know when you’re thinking about going. It’s dumb local to me, I’ll drop by and maybe even play with my e30(ish) setup.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Could always visit Mountune HQ since you're in the area now.
They don't dyno tune :/
Actually they do, however Mountune doesn't have an in house dyno. I just inquired about this exact thing. I am building an engine an no one is tuning it except Randy and I also wanted it done on a dyno.I believe they use World Motorsprts dyno facility I am not sure though.
So I was told this :
Purchase Cobb Unit
Purchase custom tuning
Purchase custom Randy time
Total 1400$
2-3 hrs on dyno .

·
Super Moderator
1,951 Posts
Actually they do, however Mountune doesn't have an in house dyno. I just inquired about this exact thing. I am building an engine an no one is tuning it except Randy and I also wanted it done on a dyno.I believe they use World Motorsprts dyno facility I am not sure though.
So I was told this :
Purchase Cobb Unit
Purchase custom tuning
Purchase custom Randy time
Total 1400$
2-3 hrs on dyno .
Interesting...this is news to me. Let us know how this goes.

·
Super Moderator
1,951 Posts
You have to rent the Dyno too. They told me it was several hundred an hour.... I think it’s in a wind tunnel......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah so safe to say Mountune is out for the majority looking for a normal dyno tune :)...have you given 5150 a try yet? My tune is being weird, I need to get this thing on a dyno eventually ( car jerking/inconsistent power while in the higher RPMs with consistent throttle).

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd be very curious about a dyno tune too. @KingZee - you said within 100 miles...... you know someone over 100 miles....? That's not so far ?

I actually just found out from another member that 5150 Racing out of Santa Ana is dyno tuning RSs. I may have to make my way down there at some point in the near future.
@BE3RS
5150 and Road Race Engineering are tuning, I'm currently on a mountune tune but will prob bring my car to Rick at RRE for a more custom tune. Rick did my old cars tune.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You have to rent the Dyno too. They told me it was several hundred an hour.... I think it’s in a wind tunnel......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah so safe to say Mountune is out for the majority looking for a normal dyno tune
...have you given 5150 a try yet? My tune is being weird, I need to get this thing on a dyno eventually ( car jerking/inconsistent power while in the higher RPMs with consistent throttle).
sent you a DM.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I'm picking up my Focus RS tomorrow. It's a used 2017 with only 6000 miles and it's my first Manual. So I'm kinda scared to drive it off the lot haha. I'm also pretty worried about the HG issue so I'm hoping I won't have the dreaded Mustang HG.
If anyone knows any dealer in the san fernando valley whose trustworthy to take the car to, I'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I'm picking up my Focus RS tomorrow. It's a used 2017 with only 6000 miles and it's my first Manual. So I'm kinda scared to drive it off the lot haha. I'm also pretty worried about the HG issue so I'm hoping I won't have the dreaded Mustang HG.
If anyone knows any dealer in the san fernando valley whose trustworthy to take the car to, I'd love to hear it.
Thousand oaks DCH Ford. Great Job on mine, and they said they have done many RS's

321 - 340 of 372 Posts