Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I have been a huge fan of the car since its inception, when I was younger I saw the older RS which was never sold in the USA and that always devastated me so hearing of the new 2016 RS and how it was going to finally be sold in the USA really peaked my interest.

Over the years I have had a Lancer Evolution and currently a STI which I purchased not to long ago, unfortunately it was before the announcement of the new RS and shortly after buying the STI I heard the confirmation RS US launch, but at this point there was no way I could purchase one.

After hearing of Ken Block working with Ford, and Fifteen52 to modify and raffle off a RS for JDRF and knowing I would be attending SEMA this year I knew I had to buy a ticket, while walking around the Ford booth I stopped and ask if they had any tickets left and purchased one on the first day of the convention, the kind lady told me to keep an eye out for a 313 number on Monday because that would be Ford calling to let me know I won, I thought nothing of it since I have never won anything in my life but figured I might as well try, at the least the money went to a good cause if nothing else and that was all that mattered.

Being so busy during the week I had nearly forgotten about the raffle, Monday morning rolled around and I remembered the raffle, it was 1 o’clock Florida time and I checked Ken Blocks, Fords and Fifteen52’s Instagram and Facebook to see who had won if anybody and I couldn’t find anything.

Moving on with my day I thought nothing of it until shortly before I left my home I got a call from a 313 number and my heart skipped a beat, after talking to the very nice people at ford I was informed I had WON the Ken Block edition modified Ford Focus RS!

At this time I do not have much to share but I have never been a member of the Focus community so I figured I would hop on the forum introduce my self and share my news!

P.S. I was told that i will not be receiving that exact car since it is pre-production and that a brand new car from Germany will be allotted to me and then shipped to Utah where Ken's facility is, here it will be customized and i will be able to either pick the car up or ship it home; the car will be available for me to take delivery at the earliest end of Q1 beginning Q2

I will be sure to update this thread as I hear anything new!

**UPDATE**

I contacted Ford Global Action, who held the raffle since I had not heard anything since February and I got some good news...

“The car has a scheduled build date of Early July. After it is built and released from the plant, it will take approximately 60 days to arrive at DST where it will be customized. DST will then ship to you in Florida. We'll be in touch as the ship date approaches.”

I was also given a VIN number for the car, im not sure if any of you know but I did not so I ask what DST was…

“DST is the supplier that does all of Ford’s customization. Pretty cool company… in addition to customizing, they build all of the prototypes and concept cars  They will also handle the transportation.”

Originally I thought the car was going to be modified by ken blocks team the Hoonigan Racing Division and I was going to have to travel to Utah to take delivery; but its nice to know the car will be in great hands for the mods and the transport!

Hopefully I will have the car by September its been too long and seeing everybody in their cars is making me jealous!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Fantastic!!! Good attitude and positive. Those qualities may have helped you win. Be interesting to hear you compair the evo, STi and RS. Let us know what mods they put on. congratulations!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
You don't want the RS pictured anyway...the front fender doesn't match the door.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Luck to end all luck. Good to hear that it's going to someone that will appreciate the car and not just sell it for the markup.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You don't want the RS pictured anyway...the front fender doesn't match the door.
Thanks for all of the kind words guys! While originally i was hoping to get the car from the show as i thought about all of the people walking around it and where it might be now ect i began to worry it might have some scratches ect when i received it, so while it will be along worthwhile wait in the long run i guess its not so bad im not getting that exact car and instead i will be getting a brand new one!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Whoot! Welcome to the forum, Joe. Sad to hear about that pre-production bit, and the delay. Still, it will be worth waiting. Can't wait to see what Ken and his team has in plan. Please keep us informed with a build thread. Is Ken a member of this forum?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks for all of the kind words guys! While originally i was hoping to get the car from the show as i thought about all of the people walking around it and where it might be now ect i began to worry it might have some scratches ect when i received it, so while it will be along worthwhile wait in the long run i guess its not so bad im not getting that exact car and instead i will be getting a brand new one!
Congrats Joe! Do you get to chose any special mods? That would be awesome. Spring couldn't come any sooner, I drive a Ford Fusion now and want to get rid of it as soon as the RS ships.

·
Super Moderator
15,358 Posts
I was a bit disappointed to hear that the car you won wasn't the one shown at SEMA @EvoJoe.

Look at the bright side, you get to hang out with all of us here in the forum and pine for your FoRS delivery.

Did anyone mention it'll be something like it's the #1, first US production model made or that it's going to be one of the first made and heading to the US?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats Joe! Do you get to chose any special mods? That would be awesome. Spring couldn't come any sooner, I drive a Ford Fusion now and want to get rid of it as soon as the RS ships.
i just received the news and a few details yesterday so i do not have alto of information at this point, since i will be getting a brand new car i was wondering if i could choose the color but i think i would still go with blue either way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was a bit disappointed to hear that the car you won wasn't the one shown at SEMA @EvoJoe.

Look at the bright side, you get to hang out with all of us here in the forum and pine for your FoRS delivery.

Did anyone mention it'll be something like it's the #1, first US production model made or that it's going to be one of the first made and heading to the US?

I imagine it will be an earlier production numbered car, i highly doubt it would be the first or even the first ten but who knows! since i was told it could be delivered in Q1 its gotta be fairly early production.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Congratz! Gives you time to save up for the taxes :p (if you even need to!)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
DUDE!!!!

Congrats! I think I would have sharted when I got that call. And nice that you're getting a new one. The show car definitely has the possibility of damage, DNA, etc...

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
About this Discussion
105 Replies
65 Participants
SheSaidFocus
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing