Registered
2016 RS
45 Posts
Put me down for a set!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Hi guys sorry for the delay but this virus really delayed things I now have some of the lamps in stock ready to ship these are the upgraded ones with a show mode and drl feature also but that feature is not plug and play the sequential indicator however is plug and play
View attachment 340381
Define show mode and how is it enabled as well as the DRL ?

Guessing forscan? Or is it something else non-software? Perhaps a few pictures or video even. I'd be willing to order another set lol

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 RS
45 Posts

Guessing forscan? Or is it something else non-software? Perhaps a few pictures or video even. I'd be willing to order another set lol

Email him, you’ll get a quicker response!

·
Registered
2016 RS
45 Posts

·
Registered
2016 RS
45 Posts
Mine was shipped today, well see how long it takes, my last UK buy took all of April to get to me with the covid situation!

·
Registered
10 Posts

Show mode is a little sequence the lamps so when it’s activated in the uk we use the puddle lamp wire to power it so when we open the door it activates the DRL feature would then come on and light White for as long as the puddle lamp circuit was live (usually 12 minutes) so you could wire these to the puddle lamp pin in the door module which I think is pin 6 and activate puddle lamps with forscan and you would have a working DRL show mode sequential indicator

·
Registered
2016 RS
45 Posts
Last lot I sent started arriving today that’s about a week and a half
Awesome!! Video looks good too! I’ve been wanting to replace mine for awhile...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Oh boy... These forums are dangerous. I'm discovering parts I never knew I needed after two and a half years of ownership! Just placed my order for a set of these smoked indicators!

·
Registered
355 Posts
My smoked indicators arrived yesterday, and I finally came around to installing them today. They look SO good on Stealth Grey!

The only "issue" I had was the fitment wasn't as snug as I would've liked. So install probably took me longer than it should have (probably my own fault). The inside hook felt like it wasn't completely snapping into the mirror housing, so it was very (too) easy to take them out, and I could see them popping out if going over particularly bumpy roads. The hook gap seemed slightly smaller compared to the stock ones. I ended up taking a heat gun and pushing it out just a tad. It still didn't feel like it wasn't completely seated in housing. Then, I discovered I could stick a pick into the hole by that hook piece, and I was able to "pull" the hook tab completely through until I got that "oh so satisfying" CLICK. Figured I'd provide some tips for anybody waiting to install these who might run into the same issue.

Completely satisfied with these lights! I love the 3 little LEDs on the outer edge. Thanks @Jimbojambojumbo !

PS. Sorry for the dirty mirror pic. She's getting a bath tomorrow!

·
Registered
2016 RS
45 Posts
My smoked indicators arrived yesterday, and I finally came around to installing them today. They look SO good on Stealth Grey!
View attachment 341308

The only "issue" I had was the fitment wasn't as snug as I would've liked. So install probably took me longer than it should have (probably my own fault). The inside hook felt like it wasn't completely snapping into the mirror housing, so it was very (too) easy to take them out, and I could see them popping out if going over particularly bumpy roads. The hook gap seemed slightly smaller compared to the stock ones. I ended up taking a heat gun and pushing it out just a tad. It still didn't feel like it wasn't completely seated in housing. Then, I discovered I could stick a pick into the hole by that hook piece, and I was able to "pull" the hook tab completely through until I got that "oh so satisfying" CLICK. Figured I'd provide some tips for anybody waiting to install these who might run into the same issue.

Completely satisfied with these lights! I love the 3 little LEDs on the outer edge. Thanks @Jimbojambojumbo !

Mine were supposed to arrive Friday, but thanks Canada post!! They look great.. I keep that in mind when installing mine!

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
View attachment 341308

Let us know how the marker survives after the wash.

·
Registered
10 Posts
View attachment 341308

Glad you like them the fitting tip is the same on EU lamps as well although I use a piece of string rather than a pick

·
Registered
355 Posts
I power washed the crap out of these things. No issues at all.
That's good to know. Crap came up the last couple days I've had to deal with, so I'm finally going to wash it today. I also use a pressure washer with foam cannon. I figured everything would be okay, but it's good to know everything is all good. I even wrapped the connection with a little bit of electrical tape to help protect it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
That's good to know. Crap came up the last couple days I've had to deal with, so I'm finally going to wash it today. I also use a pressure washer with foam cannon. I figured everything would be okay, but it's good to know everything is all good. I even wrapped the connection with a little bit of electrical tape to help protect it.
I might go back in and loom the wiring plus elec tape, but it's held up fine through winter and also me directly spraying it straight on. Definitely solid buy! And an even more solid seller!

·
Registered
2016 RS
45 Posts
My set arrived today!!!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts