Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry, new guy here, is there a way to reattach the plastic supports? previous owner on my RS removed them, kinda want them back since the flares rest on the parking brake lever now...
From what I remember the plastic flare insert just fits right back in. The flares go inside the seat bolsters or whatever and you can use some rivets to attach the plastic to the seat frame. You dont have to since the plastic will be squished between the seat frame and the seat cushion.
Either way you have to take the seat out and take it apart like I did. It was a bit tricky with the screws on the handle plastic trim. You have to be patient removing it bad putting it back on, there is an odd way it goes back on and you can break it if you are impatient like me. Other than that good luck.
The interior of that car was not meant to fit inside that car. Terrible retrofit. I think the UK version seats are more tolerable or maybe I am just too fat lol!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll post a how to - for now:

View attachment 262322

*This does change your car!

View attachment 262330

Angle grinder fun:

View attachment 262338

Result is full use of stock seat up/down function while reducing rake.

Immediately I could use my legs with my hips locked in to the recaros, as opposed to stabbing the clutch with my lower leg only, and my left leg naturally going to the dead pedal. Instant satisfaction!

No more playing with the seat adjustment searching for comfort

More details if any one is interested

Dean
hey Dean,

Any more info on this mod? I’ve done the bolt spacers and removed the plastic fin but I still have too much rake! Need your help.

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS RS2 SG "Stella" - numerous minor mods...2016 F150 FX4XLT3.5T SC PW "Bear" - minor mods
11 Posts
21 - 25 of 25 Posts