·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I ordered bulbs but haven't looked how to replace them yet. Subbed

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Watching here too.

Someone passed me a set of led bulbs, but I haven't attempted ripping apart my mirrors yet.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Has anyone changed the side mirror bulbs? I figure you just pull the clear lens but didn't want to break anything.
I popped off the painted back plastic part of the mirror starting at the window side. Some people pop off the mirror but I did not want to mess with that.

·
Registered
90 Posts
are they not the same as other mk3 focus mirrors? there's some painful videos on YT showing different methods of disassembling for various reasons..

if they aren't the same, well, sorry lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of course it wasn't near as hard as I made it out to be. All you need to do is turn the mirror glass completely inward then use a pick or small flat head to pull the bulb up and out of the housing.

Even with my big hands I was able to get the bulb out and carefully back in, in 5 min. I used the diode dynamics HP5 LED bulb and there is no hyper blink.

Here is a video I found to explain it, jump to 2:28 for the side blinker.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just replaced these with some Diode Dynamics Cool White bulbs. Took probably 3 mins per side - very easy procedure.

In addition to directing the mirror fully outward, it is also helpful to point it fully downward (so there is a gap between the top of the mirror and the housing).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts